General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:45 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?

ya call hima a poser. RUBS love to ride( and do ride ) just as much as scooter trash , they just have money to do it in style.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:47 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

worked with a guy years ago that bought himself a HD badged Ford F150.... he wore HD t-shirts every day..

poser is the word.

then again, my wife worked for a guy that had some HD stuff on his desk... she asked him what he rode.. turns out that the guy owned a bike but NEVER rode it - just kept it in storage.

I just don't understand this mentality.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:02 PM
aussie2
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a very funny post!!
Never met a falla like that, but it sounds like a laugh to me!
My wife is into all the Harley gear....she's a walking friggingadvertisment. I'd rather spend the money on the bike.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:08 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: aussie2
This is a very funny post!!
Never met a falla like that, but it sounds like a laugh to me!
My wife is into all the Harley gear....she's a walking friggingadvertisment. I'd rather spend the money on the bike.
yeah my wife is as well.... hell she has WAY more HD gear than I do.. and she RARELY rides. I bought her an 883L (hugger) over a year ago, and so far she's only put 1400 miles on it. The bike seems more like an excuse for collecting a "fashion ensamble" than anything else.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

Hmmmm new acronynm?

WWB -- Whipped Wannabe Biker ????

POW - Prisoner of Wife

Old 03-15-2007, 05:35 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

I'm definitely getting a kick out of this thread. But, more than likely, not for the same reasons as most of you. So the guy dresses from head to toe in HD gear? Who gives a ****? Why do you care? How does it impact you? Did you buy his threads? Do you pay his bills? I almost find such dissent somewhat ironic. I mean, we're all Harley enthusiasts here. Why in the world would we begrudge someone who - on whatever level - wanted to be part of that association? Be it through his dress with no bike or what have you? Further to the point, you can't freakin' tell me that there hasn't been something in each of your lives that you always wanted but perhaps couldn't attain; be it for financial reasons, marital reasons, kids, and the like? I've seen folks with collectibles of all sorts of crap. Why? Because they held their interest. Are they to be looked down upon because they didn't have the real deal by those who did? According to some of you folks, yes they would. So a guy likes Harley crap, big freakin' deal. More power to him. Hell, we all do; in some form or fashion. Just because we happen to 'own' Harley's doesn't - in my view - give us license to basically judge everyone else out there who either doesn't or can't for whatever reasons. Harley is as American as apple pie; and it sure as hell ain't exclusive to solely riders any longer (be that good, bad, or indifferent). Merely my take.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Roadrocket
Cruiser

Hey, that garb might be part of his p/u routine with the ladies

RR

Old 03-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Fonzy
Intermediate

Right on TX dude, so how bout a group hug???

Old 03-15-2007, 05:41 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, shame on us for having a little fun. Everyone has to go to bed early with no supper.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:48 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I think most people just thought it was funny that someone without a Harley would walk around dressed up like this. I know I did. I could care less what others wear or what people think about what I wear. I don't think this thread was meant to be another "real biker or RUB" thread. It was just someone pointing out something funny. Like when I go to a bar and I see someone dressed from head to know in the NASCAR garb of their favorite driver. And I mean head to toe. I think the guy looks like a fricken idiot sitting in a bar thinking he's behind the wheel of a race car, but maybe he thinks I'm dressed like an idiot. Who cares.

I think people take some of these threads to seriously.

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

I'm definitely getting a kick out of this thread. But, more than likely, not for the same reasons as most of you. So the guy dresses from head to toe in HD gear? Who gives a ****? Why do you care? How does it impact you? Did you buy his threads? Do you pay his bills? I almost find such dissent somewhat ironic. I mean, we're all Harley enthusiasts here. Why in the world would we begrudge someone who - on whatever level - wanted to be part of that association? Be it through his dress with no bike or what have you? Further to the point, you can't freakin' tell me that there hasn't been something in each of your lives that you always wanted but perhaps couldn't attain; be it for financial reasons, marital reasons, kids, and the like? I've seen folks with collectibles of all sorts of crap. Why? Because they held their interest. Are they to be looked down upon because they didn't have the real deal by those who did? According to some of you folks, yes they would. So a guy likes Harley crap, big freakin' deal. More power to him. Hell, we all do; in some form or fashion. Just because we happen to 'own' Harley's doesn't - in my view - give us license to basically judge everyone else out there who either doesn't or can't for whatever reasons. Harley is as American as apple pie; and it sure as hell ain't exclusive to solely riders any longer (be that good, bad, or indifferent). Merely my take.

Quick Reply: So, he wasnt a RUB, what do you call this?