General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danville PA area

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 PM
TwoBaggerz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Danville PA area

I maybe relocating from sunny Houston (high today is expected to be 80!) to the Danville Pa area...can someone in the area give me a lowdown on biker friendly bars in the area? HD Dealers? What the riding is like? Etc...

Thanks

Old 03-15-2007, 02:10 PM
lunchboxjunkie
Road Captain
Default RE: Danville PA area

Stay in Houston if at all possible. Nothing in Danville but cold weather and a boring town. Worked up there for 4 weeks and never ever want to go back. People walk aound up there like the living dead. Stay in HOUSTON if you can. March thru May temps avg 62 June thru Sept avg 78. Big mining community up there.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:13 PM
fatboy4ever
Cruiser

I live inConnecticut, but I spent several years in the Susquehanna River Valley (Lancaster County), it is possibly one of the most scenic areas in the country! Lots of winding country roads, Amishand Deer! Beautiful in the fall especially around the Poconos, you will surely love the area and people are friendly . . . definetely miss PA.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Danville is in the heart of some of the most beautiful roads to ride anywhere! There are plenty of dealers with in an hour or so.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:41 PM
sjcope13
Tourer

I livedaround theDanville area for most of my life, then moved to Louisiana. Yeh, there is some beautiful riding upthere and always plenty of biker events during the riding season. The winter is winter like everywhere else. There are plenty of nice dealerships up that way. Laid back town and people are pretty nice. You have anoldbike shop with everything you could possibly want for your bike. It's calledBill's Bike Barn http://www.billscustomcycles.com . The dealership closest to Danville would be http://www.vreelandsharley.com . Also you have Horsepower HD in Williamsport. http://www.horsepowerhd.com. If you want anymore info PM me and I will send you something.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
PaOutlaw
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Keystone

Danville is in the heart of some of the most beautiful roads to ride anywhere! There are plenty of dealers with in an hour or so.
Amen!! Wouldn't trade the riding here in Pa for anything. I do ride elsewhere........but, hard to top the keystone state
!!

Outlaw

Old 03-15-2007, 04:12 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I used to work at horsepower hd and grew up in that area. Alot of nice riding there also some cool bars too and alot of senic routes the only thing that sucks is the winter. Try touring sullivan county. There also a Grand Canyon or PA about 3 hours ride that always make a ride ride on a weekend. there two cool bars in muncy and hughesville the Angus and the Log cabin. I just left there last summer after living there all my life. and for the kids youll be close to a free amusment part Knoebols.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:38 PM
mgumto
Banned

Man do I feel bad for you. Been in the area and it sucked. There may be some decent areas but it was cold as hell when I was there. In fact, unless your in Florida, the entire east coast is cold as hell for the most part. Your gonna lose minimum 6 months of "GOOD RIDING" at least...sure, these guys will say they are riding in February and March, but its not "enjoyable" and that is the key....I feel bad since I come from the north, but these guys riding in cold weather don't know what they are missing by living down south...just my opinon. I'd stay in Houston and take a PAYCUT to do so if you have too!!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wrong! You won't loose 6 months of riding. It's a beautiful state and I ride there as much as possible.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:41 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Live in PA and lost 5 weeksof riding the Ultra in 06, first three weeks was waiting on it to be delivered. Deliverd 01/19/06.

Comfortable riding??
Must be not riding all the time down south either, because riding in the BUGS, the RAIN, the HEAT, the HURRICANES, sure ain't all that comfortable.

Quick Reply: Danville PA area