Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next Cal meet and greet...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 02:58 AM
Bluerose
Default RE: Next Cal meet and greet...

ORIGINAL: gconklin

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

ORIGINAL: gconklin

hey, I wonder how many of us Nor CAers would make it if we did something in the Central CA coastal area?? I know for sure I'd be trying hard to make it!! Pismo Beach anyone?
I used my lobbying efforts while down there.[8D] I think SLO area might work out well for a lot of us, but might be a bit far for others. How about Solvang at the motorcycle museum? Ok, probably too far.

I'll be ready for another trip in a week or 2
SLO would be awesome. I'm from Arroyo Grande (Pismo / SLO) and love anywhere around there! Hope to move back there someday.
For some reason we always go north... Mostly to avoid L.A. traffic. I could move a bit north if i found a job that way....no desire for any of the bigcities like San Fran though.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:02 AM
gconklin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

For some reason we always go north... Mostly to avoid L.A. traffic. I could move a bit north if i found a job that way....no desire for any of the bigcities like San Fran though.
I agree. Fremont is 40 mins from SF but spaced out without the "big city" feel... but still too close to the big cities. Pismo/SLO, on the other hand, a few hours away from any big city. And the temperature is the most consistent I know of. (in fact, I think Arroyo Grande is the most consistent in the US)

ok, now that I've taken this thread totally off topic... (sorry about that)

Old 03-15-2007, 04:39 AM
mightywarlock
Tourer

you mentioned Ojai for May?

well...i'm not sure if this is good for your monthly meet and greet, but my "Tour of the Twisties" ride (300+ miles), has The Deer Lodge in Ojai, as one of the pit stops.

maybe i should begin scheduling a ride for May?

how many of you would be interested in joining in on this long of a ride, a ride that is so totally worth the miles?

Old 03-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

I still think you should try the regional rally @ Lake elsinore in May easy for the SD guys and for the Inland Empire guys and for High Desert guys
There would be a lot of Bike Venders and Bike food
there is also Cranes Marina that serves a decent Lunch
also Embers Bar for those that want an off site Beer
also I am not sure if it is still there but there was a 1% owend bar just down the road on the right

just ask you local ABATE represenative and they would be glad to give you the details
I think it is $20.00 for camping all weekend and they would even have Bike games ect...
Fire pit at night on the water .... ect ......

Old 03-15-2007, 03:57 PM
4merRacer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: kwgrimes

Just South of Cook's Corner is Oneil Park, its a regional park. We could still hit Cook's and head to Oneil before or after for the cookout.
I'm putting in my vote for this idea. I've been by this park and there are a LOT of trees for shade, plenty of room to park and cook. We could all meet at Cook's, then leave together to head over there (or vice-versa). However, in the last meet/eat/greet planning thread someone on here said that they know people at cook's and can get the upper level roped off just for us....not much shade, though. If we do the cookout, I'll throw in my $5 into the kitty for lunch.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Bluerose

Lots of folks wanting lots of places We definately need a schedule. There are so many great places to see. Despite the weird weather we should consider what the normal weather is like.

Inland during the Spring/Late Fallmonths is a better idea the during the summer/early Fall months. Remember guys it got to be 113 in Simi last year...I headed for the ocean.Even Solvang was 104 that day but it was 80 in Santa Barbara.

Maybe we should be doing inland now then the coast during the hotter months? (Though I will say the inland folks would have a tough ride to the ocean in 100+ weather).

Just a thought....

(Hmmm...I have a calendar program I wrote a while back that I might be able to dust off and bring to life....hmmm)

Old 03-15-2007, 04:51 PM
alexcue
Road Master

Please, one request. Would love to meet u all, but please do it after April 17th!!! I'm buried till then!

Old 03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
FACTION95
Road Master

For the OC meet Cook's Corner for sure.

For Central Ca meet Pismo would be ideal.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:27 PM
kwgrimes
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I go to Cook's often enough I might be able to work out a deal. If we could get the upper level, we could arrange to have EZ-Ups brought in (I'm only 15 miles from the place and I have lots offriends that are even closer)and maybe have a big BBQ (TriTips[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]) and everyone just pays a few bucks for food and be on your own for drinks. That would speed up the chow line that caused problems last time at Neptune's (but that place is always slow anyway).

I went to Deer Lodge a couple of weeks ago for the first time and that was great except for the ride home -- traffic through Malibu was horrible[:'(]
ORIGINAL: kwgrimes

Just South of Cook's Corner is Oneil Park, its a regional park. We could still hit Cook's and head to Oneil before or after for the cookout.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:54 PM
panamoncreel
Tourer

I'll be headed down 25 as far as Paso Robles tihs weekend. That's as far South as I'm getting from SJ anytime soon.

Quick Reply: Next Cal meet and greet...