General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here not making payments on their new Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 09:27 PM
mtnbkr62
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irish883
Truth. It's the only way to build credit.
Only way they would be able to build their wealth or business

Old 12-06-2013, 09:28 PM
ExDucRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBanditColorado
Well in general it seems here that the angry people all financed their bikes so I don't want to be one of those. The attitude of the 3 year old prevails with I want it now, and screw you, I want it now… don't you dare judge me, I WANT IT NOW. I pay my bills so screw you.

No thanks. I'll save up and ride what I got for now. Maybe someday I'll figure it all out and be rich and not have any deciding to do at all.

I love riding plain and simple. I also love riding Harley-Davidson's and appreciate all the different opinions… even the one's I don't agree with.
I did finance my bike for 5 years but I am not angry. You have no idea the reasons why I financed my bike. It could be because I don't have cash or I just want to take advantage of a low rate. Or I just want to stress myself every month on how to come up with the payments. Yes I do want it now and I don't really care what anyone or anybody say. If you want to save up to purchase something, then that's your choice and that's power for you and don't let anyone tell you anything different.

I financed my house, my car, my bike, my education, my vacation, my coffee, my lunch, my dinner, whatever else you can think i buy or own I financed it. Do I knock on anyone's door for payment? NO!!!

Old 12-06-2013, 09:32 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

You can't default on a loan if you pay cash. With title in hand the repo man will never show up at your door. It ain’t really yours until you own it outright.

Of course not everyone defaults on their loans. But more people than ever do. If you don't believe that debt is one of the major problems with the financial issues that still face this nation then you are naïve or have been living in a cave the past decade.

Financing a hobby is never sound financial advice. I could go into the formulas as to income/debt ratios. I could type here all the data. But it'll only fall on deaf ears to those that will finance their lives away. I know there are members of this forum that do it. When someone defaults on a debt, everyone pays for it.

Also, when you put money away to save up for buying a luxury item outright, you can put that money to work for you. Very few people are BETTER off financing than properly investing it.

I am not singling out the OP. This post is just a general statement about financing luxury items to those who can't really afford it.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:36 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by ExDucRider
Do you guys even know that billionaire and millionaire out there finance a lot of ****.
They become millionaires and billionaires by financing things that will make them money. Financing an item that depreciates in value is not a sound financial strategy.

You can build your credit by using your credit card and paying off the balance in full at the end of the month.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:53 PM
ExDucRider
Tourer

Originally Posted by baka1969
If you don't believe that debt is one of the major problems with the financial issues that still face this nation then you are naïve or have been living in a cave the past decade.
What do you think will happen on this Nations of ours if everyone pay cash for everything they buy? Seriously. I am talking about everything.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 PM
ExDucRider
Tourer

They become millionaires and billionaires by financing things that will make them money. Financing an item that depreciates in value is not a sound financial strategy.
Are you for real? You have never heard of a rich man that file for bankruptcy.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 PM
ExDucRider
Tourer

You can build your credit by using your credit card and paying off the balance in full at the end of the month.
Perhaps this is why people financed their ****. Build their credit. Your funny.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is obviously one of those people that thinks financing is just plain evil so I wouldn't waste time arguing with him. Plenty of people in this thread of brought up the concept of using their bike as primary transportation, not waiting to "wait for it" for their own reasons, etc, and yet he still refers to it as a luxury item and talks down on people that finance.

It just isn't worth it.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:04 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you get a good rate say up to 4% it's almost like saving up and paying cash. Pretty cheap if you ask me.

Mark

Old 12-06-2013, 10:06 PM
jmale1972
Road Master

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
Why the hell would you be surprised of that? People finance cars, boats, airplanes, TV's, their weekly groceries. It's the American way! Why pay for something if you can get it without paying anything? 2 years no pay, 6 months free financing, first few payment made for you. It is truely AMAZING!!
Couldn't have said it better!! Financed a boat and my 3 cars, paid for now. So what the hell's the difference in financing a Harley?? I guess some people just don't have a clue......

Quick Reply: Anyone here not making payments on their new Harley?