General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013 | 10:19 PM
timsmcm
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ynots
Dam tims, that must have been one hell of a sight lol
Yes you are right. I probably looked like a clown but I will tell you flat out I love my bike almost as much as my wife, no way am I gonna leave it on the side of the road. Gonna get that girl home anyway I can.

Old 12-03-2013 | 05:32 AM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dusty Bones
I would love to bracket race you. I know I could get you to break out.
Lets run em

Old 12-03-2013 | 08:42 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Madnss
Well that's weird since I run low pressure and haven't had any troubles. And at the drag strip doing a buck 21.

Agree to disagree on a bar hopper street strip bike. Call me stupid or what not. Let's run em. O.....low pressure works good for riding 1/4 mile wheelie in second gear.

People fear the unusual or something thsts not the norm.

So a 150mph drag sporty is unsafe at the strip with 8 psi. Lol
At the strip, no.
On the street, most definitely, big difference here.

Go try a few curves at 150 with the 8 psi tire and see how safe it is.

Mad, you run Cedar Falls??
Used to run out there with the Turbo Bike.

Al

Last edited by AllenW; 12-03-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-03-2013 | 12:27 PM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by AllenW
At the strip, no.
On the street, most definitely, big difference here.

Go try a few curves at 150 with the 8 psi tire and see how safe it is.

Mad, you run Cedar Falls??
Used to run out there with the Turbo Bike.

Al
I agree with Ya al. Yes cedarfalls and I run at earlville too...aka tristate. Not much for bike racing at cedarfalls anymore so I've been hitting tristate more

Old 12-03-2013 | 01:34 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member

I agree with Ya al. Yes cedarfalls and I run at earlville too...aka tristate. Not much for bike racing at cedarfalls anymore so I've been hitting tristate more
Been a few years for me, we used to hit Humbolt on Sat night and Cedar Falls on sunday, made for a fun weekend.

Never got to the others you listed, but did make it to the IDBA World finals at Memphis one year, lots of bikes there.

Al

Old 12-03-2013 | 04:47 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Well that's weird since I run low pressure and haven't had any troubles. And at the drag strip doing a buck 21.

Agree to disagree on a bar hopper street strip bike. Call me stupid or what not. Let's run em. O.....low pressure works good for riding 1/4 mile wheelie in second gear.

People fear the unusual or something thsts not the norm.

So a 150mph drag sporty is unsafe at the strip with 8 psi. Lol
Somehow we went from tire pressures .... to the Drag Strip ??? Really ... I'm no virgin to the tracks ... I grew up at Detroit Drag Way and hitchhiked there starting at age 13 on most weekends ... To do a comparative between tire pressures on the street vs the drag way is getting waaaay sidetracked I think ( know ) that you got caught up in the "I'll show you" banter and lost all concept of common sense for a minute ... That's okay though 'cuz I'm LOL now .... at YOU :>) Have a nice day Mr. Racer

Old 12-03-2013 | 05:32 PM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Somehow we went from tire pressures .... to the Drag Strip ??? Really ... I'm no virgin to the tracks ... I grew up at Detroit Drag Way and hitchhiked there starting at age 13 on most weekends ... To do a comparative between tire pressures on the street vs the drag way is getting waaaay sidetracked I think ( know ) that you got caught up in the "I'll show you" banter and lost all concept of common sense for a minute ... That's okay though 'cuz I'm LOL now .... at YOU :>) Have a nice day Mr. Racer
I got called out about running a street tire on the track at 8 psi. Doesn't change the fact I still run low tire pressure on the street. This forum is full of people like you. Haha. I didn't grow up at the strip....I grew up on strip. Big diff larr.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend that I run very low psi on the street......

Old 12-03-2013 | 09:02 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I got called out about running a street tire on the track at 8 psi. Doesn't change the fact I still run low tire pressure on the street. This forum is full of people like you. Haha. I didn't grow up at the strip....I grew up on strip. Big diff larr.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend that I run very low psi on the street......
Oh I totally comprehend ... your opinion, and it is just that, of a tire being inflated to 8 psi and being safe for street use is ridiculous ... just as ridiculous as your smart a$$ comments are your inept way of somehow pretending to be more astute in regards to the topic ... It is a good thing that there are people "like me" on this Forum that can call out on the bull$hit that kids "like you" spew in the name of facts ... In my 64 years I've ran across many so called experts such as yourself and probably will continue to .... sadly.

Last edited by Uncle Larry; 12-03-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2013 | 08:49 AM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member

I'd like to know one thing...

What does how much you spent on Miller Lite at the raceway have to do with anything?