General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
36.36%
No
42.98%
I like her
12.40%
She doesn't know the product well enough
8.26%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Female Service Managers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:41 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Female Service Managers?

[/quote]

Well firstly one of my closest friends - also a woman, is service writer at my local dealer. The only one there MMI certified and she pretty much runs the show, she holds that department together and the only one that knows whats going on.

But it has nothing to do with her gender, only that she's good at her job.

Secondly Joe, I'm really sorry that you are so intimidated by women. Really, its not, that we are so good, but rather, that you are not. And its not that we don't have a dick, or that you do, because with men, you can either have one or be one. Its because you chose the latter.

[/quote]

I'm not intimidated.....just not afraid to voice my opinion. The fact that you think I should be silenced for not agreeing with everyone else is disturbing.

Fact is, women have been getting over for a long time. Especially in the service.

But hey, I like women...I sleep with 'em all the time![8D]

Joe
[&:]

Old 03-15-2007, 06:45 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes and there is also a female wrench. I hate to admit it but both have probely forgotten more then most of us will ever learn. As stated before get over it.What next dont want a tall person, a fat person, a asian, a white man in a wheel chair? I could care less if it is a blue hair, green, oneeyed midget, with one leg longer than the other. Bottom line do they know what they are doing?

Thats one hang of a issue inpeopletoday, people looking at exteior instead of capablities.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the problem with a female service adviser. It is prooven time and time again that woman can ruin a company. I am not saying that ALL woman will do htis but most. Woman are to "by the book" and that does not get things done. DO not expect that warrenty work to slide through or any special "favors" woman just do things different then a guy and thats why they do not do wel in areas like this. If it is not 100% by the book.... they do not usually do it. That is nto good for customer service.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:15 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

who cares? The manager or techs need to know their stuff, that's the bottom line. I didn't come to have sex with them.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Calwoodbutcher
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am in construction. All of the women I have to deal with in this industry should be doing something else. I agree with Vegas about seeing the big picture as well. I have never taken any bike I have owned into a dealer for service so I can not say anything from experience but from other life experiences I would have to say no. Gots a couple of ladies that work the parts counter at the local dealer. If I ask any of them for a "real" part they go in back and get a man to complete the transaction. And yes, I am old.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:48 PM
tourman
Cruiser

With some of the Male service managers I've met, a Female can't be any worse.
I don't care if it's a male or female running the show, it's more important that they know what they're doing and treat the customer properly.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Fonzy
Intermediate

i like em

[IMG]local://upfiles/26996/1603398BC114473793AC9CEF77F0CF9C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Lunder99
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Crusing

Competence, experience, and integrity is not a matter of sex. I know a lady at my local HD Dealer in the service depeartment who has all but one of Harley’s certifications and I trust her fully.
+1
Chris

Old 03-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: vegashd

Here is the problem with a female service adviser. It is prooven time and time again that woman can ruin a company. I am not saying that ALL woman will do htis but most. Woman are to "by the book" and that does not get things done. DO not expect that warrenty work to slide through or any special "favors" woman just do things different then a guy and thats why they do not do wel in areas like this. If it is not 100% by the book.... they do not usually do it. That is nto good for customer service.
We are back to generalizations....sorry vegashd this is yet another[sm=lame.gif] response[sm=loser.gif]

I work in a really large organization where red tape is the rule and frustrates me to no end. I will get around the blasted book if I can. You should see the number of guys I have to deal with that simply won't budge on the red tape and even whine at me. It's horrible....you just want to smack them. I get favors done for me and I do favors for others. It can't be because I'm cute because over half the people I deal with never see me.

Really guys I have worked in male dominated industies all my life. And at one time I was even cute... Butgetting to be one of the very few womenbroadcast TV engineers (there were like 3)was not by sleeping with people or being cute. When I moved into Computer work I was one of the few women there too (Yes it was a while ago)...

I got and kept my jobs because I was good at what I did and did my job.

Not all women are meant to do construction work but niether are all men. It is that way in every industry.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Fonzy
Intermediate

OK, just to better understand. ARe these female service managers wearing thong bikinis? cuz if thats the case, yeah, im all good with it.

Quick Reply: Female Service Managers?