General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
36.36%
No
42.98%
I like her
12.40%
She doesn't know the product well enough
8.26%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Female Service Managers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM
wvrider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Female Service Managers?

ORIGINAL: usmv16

Do you have a female Service Manager in your dealership?

What are your feelings towards them?

You can make multiple choices.
Yes, I do have a female service manager. In my 30 years in the automotive business I would have to say that gender does not matter. The only difference is that men can feed a more believable line of BS.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
wolf1477
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh great, BR quoted me in a quote of a quote (huh?) followed by a bunch of mean emoticons. If I didn't know I had written it I'd be ticked at myself for my lame response<g>

Wolf, I think I need to be medicated...I'm confusing myself

Old 03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Bad Mojo
Tourer

Got one here, she's good lookin' too... Her inspection of the bike was over with way too soon!

Old 03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: wolf1477

Oh great, BR quoted me in a quote of a quote (huh?) followed by a bunch of mean emoticons. If I didn't know I had written it I'd be ticked at myself for my lame response<g>

Sorry about that wolf....I fixed it for you ...

Old 03-14-2007, 10:07 PM
wolf1477
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

ORIGINAL: wolf1477

Sorry about that wolf....I fixed it for you ...
LoL no biggie, I'm just bein more foolish than usual tonight. Actually got some sleep last night and am feeling giddy<g>

Wolf, even the people at work like it better when I'm grumpy

Old 03-14-2007, 10:25 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Personally, I don't see what gender has to do with intelligence. Face it...both genders have multitudes of very reasonable, intelligent and capable members. Either you can handle the job or you can't. Managierial positions are often very complicated.Not only do youhave to know your craft but you need to know how to communicate and handle the politics to the staff and customers.

Then there are the other idiots out there, who shouldn't be in a managerial position at all. Perhaps they have the will (or the relatives that provided the job), but just not the 'smarts'. Male or female, black or white, old or young ... none of these will ever dictate who would be good in an industry (any industry) or who wouldn't.

As for those of you who paint all women with the same paint brush ....Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Getcher head outa yer azz and wake up! There are a lot of women in traditionally male gendered jobs in the world today, and are doing quite well. NO ONE can deny that. It just is not a gender thing.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:04 PM
scooterbooter
Tourer

uote:

ORIGINAL: traveler
<snip - unrelated foder>

No for me. Every woman I have worked with, in different fields, has been sub-standard, and use their charm or good looks to get over, to keep their job. This is a male dominated sport/hobby/lifestyle. I will not take my bike to any dealer that lets the "cutie pie" run the service department. Right or wrong, that's my opinion, and I know I speak for many who don't have the ***** to say so!

Joe
Well firstly one of my closest friends - also a woman, is service writer at my local dealer. The only one there MMI certified and she pretty much runs the show, she holds that department together and the only one that knows whats going on.

But it has nothing to do with her gender, only that she's good at her job.

Secondly Joe, I'm really sorry that you are so intimidated by women. Really, its not, that we are so good, but rather, that you are not. And its not that we don't have a dick, or that you do, because with men, you can either have one or be one. Its because you chose the latter.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:49 AM
unclekunkle
Tourer

ORIGINAL: whaap

[sm=popcorn.gif]
Excellent Response

Old 03-15-2007, 03:01 AM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Thereis a lady that works in the parts department at the dealer near me. She knows her schit and is very helpful. That is all that matters to me. Besides the fact that she is nice looking. No kidding, if you are looking for it she knows where it is or knows where to find it. She will also tell you what other options are available, as I said she knows her schit. No problem here.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:44 AM
WolfgangX
Intermediate

No problem here If she knows what she is doing more power to her.

I Run my Family........But my Wife pulls the zipper.

Wolfgang

Quick Reply: Female Service Managers?