General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013 | 06:09 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

20 years ago we wouldn't even be having this conversation, most people wouldn't have even thought twice. We are suppose to live in a more progressive world? All talk.

I wouldn't think twice about anybody asking for a ride but I would be self consious about it and I wouldn't have 20 years ago...

Old 12-03-2013 | 06:48 PM
thebigcannoli
Novice

Originally Posted by zeus33
I didn't know there was anything wrong with doubling another dude on the bike until I joined this forum.
+1 !!

Old 12-03-2013 | 06:58 PM
ibfree2855
Tourer
Default If necessary

I rode another biker friend a couple hundred miles to pick up a bike he was purchasing on my Street Glide Ultra. No problem.

But I made sure I had my riders back rest in place just in case I had to stop short. Lol

Last edited by ibfree2855; 12-03-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: But.............
Old 12-03-2013 | 07:17 PM
Newfoundlandsoftail
Tourer

Ive had my cousin want a ride on both of my bikes as he is non-riding and i gladly took him. I really dont see a problem

Old 12-03-2013 | 07:28 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Huskerjim
Not gonna happen, I don't wear rainbow shirts. One year in Nevada a buddy and I were riding together his bike broke down about 70 miles outside Reno. I had my Fatboy he had a full dresser. We pulled over with his bike out of commission. We looked the bike over now I'm 47 and he is 61 as we are looking at the bike we knew we needed a tow. I looked at him he looked at me and we both looked at the Fatboy and at the same time said do you want to go back and get trailer. I went to get trailer hour half later we still respected each other.
One of y'all is either deep in the closet or not secure with your masculinity.

Old 12-05-2013 | 06:56 AM
Scratt
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Huskerjim
Not gonna happen, I don't wear rainbow shirts. One year in Nevada a buddy and I were riding together his bike broke down about 70 miles outside Reno. I had my Fatboy he had a full dresser. We pulled over with his bike out of commission. We looked the bike over now I'm 47 and he is 61 as we are looking at the bike we knew we needed a tow. I looked at him he looked at me and we both looked at the Fatboy and at the same time said do you want to go back and get trailer. I went to get trailer hour half later we still respected each other.

Rainbow shirts?

I was taking a Bro with cancer on a ride.

BTW, He died on Tuesday.

Old 12-05-2013 | 10:52 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Scratt
Rainbow shirts?

BTW, He died on Tuesday.

Don't let that guy who's obviously locked in the closet get to you.

My condolences to you and his family.

Old 12-05-2013 | 11:21 AM
Irish883
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Scratt
Rainbow shirts?

BTW, He died on Tuesday.
My father in law, who I actually loved and respected, lost the fight a few years back so I know how much it sucks. Very sorry to hear this, prayers to you and his family.

Ignore the dickwad that made the rainbow shirts comment. I've learned over the years that the most homophobic people you meet are usually doing it because they are trying to hide some sort of inner feelings.

Old 12-05-2013 | 11:30 AM
mtnbkr62
Tourer

You know I kind of changed my view on this, My son's bike was ready at the dealer and while I wanted to ride I had him jump on the back and I took him to the dealer, Of course he needed my charge card to pay for it:-( So while I initially said no, I kind of changed on that one. Part of it maybe because I don't have the Sportster I ride anymore and there was a little more room on the Street Bob

Old 12-05-2013 | 11:48 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member

Good on you!You helped a brother out & I'm guessing your really glad you did.

Quick Reply: You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride