General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013 | 09:26 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Twistnride
My kid brother was killed on the back of my Harley. He was 15,and loved that scoot. Would go out and sit on it whenever I was over to visit the family. I took him for rides all the time,and he died doing something he loved.I'm more than secure enough in my manhood not to give a rat's *** about anyone else's perception of me,or what I do.
That's gotta hurt, losing a brother, sorry to hear it. I took my kid brother riding (7 years junior) for a few years till he got old enough for his own bike. Put him on the back, dog on the tank (dog was a good rider!), and we'd ride back roads and trails away from traffic. He ended up having a pretty rough life, but told me a few years ago it was one of the happiest times of his life when he got to ride with big brother.

Old 11-24-2013 | 09:28 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
...Good for you, Scratt. Same here. My dad's 82...Picked him up on the bike one day, and can't get enough now.
Great pic, good for you and Dad. Here's to many years of '2 up' with your Dad.

Old 11-24-2013 | 11:22 AM
Mickey D
Road Master

Thumbs up Scratt. Screw what other's think.

Old 11-24-2013 | 12:07 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy

You did good Scratt. Sorry to hear about your Bro, sounds like you did what you felt was right at the time and you continue to do the right thing. Fxxk anyone who thinks differently.

Kind of on the same theme, a few years ago my brother was suffering from stage 4 lung cancer. He would want me to go into the doctors offices with him when he went for his appointments. Sometimes we would get looks even from some of the medical personnel, but if 2 women went in together, there wouldn't be a second glance. People are too hung up on their insecurities.

Old 11-24-2013 | 12:14 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I didn't know there was anything wrong with doubling another dude on the bike until I joined this forum.

Old 11-24-2013 | 12:24 PM
mikedanben
Cruiser

When my 78 year old dad visits, I ride around all day with him on the back of my Ultra. I would do it for anyone. If anyone has a problem with it. F*ck you.
God bless your brother and your family.

Old 11-25-2013 | 12:56 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

I do what I want. I have no fear of what others think. I answer to myself. I have no time for gossip and idle chatter from the idiots who waste my air. I would give a ride to anyone that wanted a ride if I was willing to put up with their presence behind me.

Old 11-26-2013 | 02:42 PM
Kap
Intermediate

Best to you and your family. Been there, got that tee shirt.

Kap

Old 11-26-2013 | 04:26 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Good on ya. I give friends, my brother and anyone who may need a lift on the side of the road.

Any guy who protests about riding 2 up with another guy is so deeply hiding in the closet he's just begging to get out. You know what they say about those that protest too much...

Old 11-27-2013 | 06:28 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ColoFXDC
Do the ***** touch?
WTF dude....stupid **** like that deserves a good belt in the mouth.

To the OP....righteous thing you did, very honorable.

People that ride for their self perceived image...to be seen, to try to look cool...they worry about the image. and are the ones that worry about being called names or have their sexuality questioned.

REAL riders that know what it's about, enjoy it, and want to allow someone else a peek at that enjoyment....nothing else needs to be said.

Quick Reply: You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride