General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013 | 07:44 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
So you're saying its okay for Lance Armstrong to ride on the back of your bike???
The bitch would have to pay...LOL....He's skinny enough i could leave the rider backrest for good seperation....LOL...Lance Freakin Armstrong....

Old 11-23-2013 | 11:27 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Good on you, Scratt. I'm another graybeard, and there was a few times back in the late 60s and early 70s when I'd give a friend a lift, or need one myself. Just wasn't a big deal then. Funny how perceptions have changed so much, but there's lots of things that have changed (forever) from those days.

Old 11-24-2013 | 12:03 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member

You did the right thing. Sorry to hear about your brother, cancer sucks.

Anyone who has a problem with what you did needs to ask their self why it's an issue to them, are they really that insecure in their masculinity?

Old 11-24-2013 | 12:18 AM
Hazeyboy94
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Nah, you were just being an ******* and you stuck your foot in your mouth that's all.

Scratt was helping a dying bro out.
Did you get that?
You made light of it and now you're trying to minimize what you said.

That's the __________ line.
You owe Scratt an apology.

Oh and BTW, if I was giving my friend a ride who was dying of cancer and you made fun of me for me for doing so, I'd kick your *** and then explain to you why I did.
X2 on that. Only difference i wouldn't explain why.

Old 11-24-2013 | 05:31 AM
MTG
Tourer

Sorry to hear about your brother be very thankful that you were able to do this for him. I hope to be able todo this for a family member as well. I don't care what anyone thinks because I know what it will me to her.

Old 11-24-2013 | 08:18 AM
bobg03
Road Master

Originally Posted by Scratt
Back when I was in high school in the late 70's I got some rides on the back of some friends(guys) bikes.
You have to remember, back then there were no "Internet Tuff Guys" to dictate protocol.

Most importantly not everyone was a homophobe...

Cool gesture on your part

Old 11-24-2013 | 08:23 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Good on you Scratt...too many "homophobes" out there and, back in the day, we were always bumming rides on 2-wheelers. As long as you're not "hanging onto the saddlehorn" - all is well, unless you're into that thing...which is cool too.

Old 11-24-2013 | 08:36 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ColoFXDC
If the ***** don't touch, then it ain't gay and don't worry about it.

My little brother rides on the back of my bike. So what? Is this thread a question of masculinity?
My kid brother was killed on the back of my Harley. He was 15,and loved that scoot. Would go out and sit on it whenever I was over to visit the family. I took him for rides all the time,and he died doing something he loved.I'm more than secure enough in my manhood not to give a rat's *** about anyone else's perception of me,or what I do.

Old 11-24-2013 | 08:56 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ron750
I wouldn't hesitate to give a ride to a sick friend, or stranger. One nice thing about being 57 is I don't give a crap what anybody thinks of me except for my family.
I think that was cool of you.
Yup, while I'd rather give somebody a ride in my truck as everybody isn't wise on riding, I'm secure enough in my masculinity that having somebody sit on the back isn't going to bother me.

Especially one not long for this world.

Ya did good giving him a ride, F anybody who has a problem with that.

Al

Old 11-24-2013 | 09:05 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Good for you, Scratt. Same here. My dad's 82, and moved into assisted living this past spring. Between early onset dementia, losing the house, giving up the dogs, hating his hearing aids, lost his drivers license, etc he's been pretty depressed. Picked him up on the bike one day, and can't get enough now. Kinda like your brother riding, it's a nice break & getaway for awhile. I'm 58, and can't be bothered with what somebody thinks about 2 guys on a bike. Sometimes, people who've never been on a bike just want to feel what it's like.

Attached Thumbnails You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride-jim-and-jim.jpg  

Quick Reply: You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride