General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014 | 03:51 PM
Disneydave
Tourer

Scratt you are a true friend.

Old 02-11-2014 | 05:05 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Nah, you were just being an ******* and you stuck your foot in your mouth that's all.

Scratt was helping a dying bro out.
Did you get that?
You made light of it and now you're trying to minimize what you said.

That's the __________ line.
You owe Scratt an apology.

Oh and BTW, if I was giving my friend a ride who was dying of cancer and you made fun of me for me for doing so, I'd kick your *** and then explain to you why I did.
Amen to that

Old 02-11-2014 | 05:32 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior

Scratt your a true brother. There is nothing better than to give joy where there is only been pain.

My 22 y/o son rides with me to dialysis 3x a week, when the weather cooperates. He is also on dialysis. I give him a bunch of **** about riding the "b*tch seat" but we have a blast being together.

Never let others dictate what you do and then end up regretting it!

Rax

Old 02-11-2014 | 06:26 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member

I appreciate what The OP did, I would have done the same, Right On. with that said, I do not offer my hand shake to just anyone that asks for it, same goes for bike rides.

Old 02-11-2014 | 07:29 PM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Been several times I've given a guy a ride. Not often but I don't worry about it. Glad your friend had some fun. Giving his some light of a long stretch of bad days was an awesome thing to do.

Old 02-11-2014 | 08:00 PM
dragonflyrider
Road Master

so sorry about your friend. Good for you for making his day that you took him for a ride.

Old 02-12-2014 | 01:13 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain

Good job, OP. Family and friends come first, don't worry about what others think.

Growing up in Norcal in the 80s, my parents didn't allow me to get a bike, I had a mini-bike in the 70's when living in Pittsburgh, but they said no street bike.

When I moved down to FL in '91, I met my future wife. Her father rode bikes his entire life and each time I visited, all I did was stare at the bike in the garage (Honda Shadow 1100).

One day he told me to jump on the back and he took me for a ride. I was smiling ear to ear. Since I came over to eat at their place each week, he waited for me to come over and let me help service the bike. I learned a lot.

After dating my future wife for 2 yrs, he told me he was going on a trip up to Rockingham for the AHDRA. He asked me if I wanted to join him. I said sure! I sat on the back of that Honda all the way from Daytona to NC and back. What a trip!

My wife and I got married shortly after that and after my wife was diagnosed with cancer in her 30's, she told me let's get a motorcycle for ourselves since we never know when our time will come. Well, we bought a 1200 Sporty and showed up at her parents house. My father in law was so happy for us.

Ten years later, my father in law was diagnosed with a form of blood cancer. He wanted to ride so bad one day, but didn't feel well enough to get on his GW. I went out, got his helmet and told him to put it on. He then jumped on the back of my Road Glide and we were off. Each time I looked in the mirrors, he had this big grin from ear to ear!

Repayment for me was priceless....

Old 02-12-2014 | 04:12 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Grillfish
Good job, OP. Family and friends come first, don't worry about what others think.

Growing up in Norcal in the 80s, my parents didn't allow me to get a bike, I had a mini-bike in the 70's when living in Pittsburgh, but they said no street bike.

When I moved down to FL in '91, I met my future wife. Her father rode bikes his entire life and each time I visited, all I did was stare at the bike in the garage (Honda Shadow 1100).

One day he told me to jump on the back and he took me for a ride. I was smiling ear to ear. Since I came over to eat at their place each week, he waited for me to come over and let me help service the bike. I learned a lot.

After dating my future wife for 2 yrs, he told me he was going on a trip up to Rockingham for the AHDRA. He asked me if I wanted to join him. I said sure! I sat on the back of that Honda all the way from Daytona to NC and back. What a trip!

My wife and I got married shortly after that and after my wife was diagnosed with cancer in her 30's, she told me let's get a motorcycle for ourselves since we never know when our time will come. Well, we bought a 1200 Sporty and showed up at her parents house. My father in law was so happy for us.

Ten years later, my father in law was diagnosed with a form of blood cancer. He wanted to ride so bad one day, but didn't feel well enough to get on his GW. I went out, got his helmet and told him to put it on. He then jumped on the back of my Road Glide and we were off. Each time I looked in the mirrors, he had this big grin from ear to ear!

Repayment for me was priceless....
Man........love reading your story!

Old 02-12-2014 | 05:05 PM
Hoosier bird
Intermediate

One of my best friends wanted a ride home a few years ago so I gave him one. Of course we pulled up in front of my in-laws and he wraps his arms around me (quite the jokester) and my daughter who was sitting on the porch took a picture. She posted it on Facebook and it was quite embarrassing. That great friend had a stroke and died on March 4th of last year (totally unexpected) and I didn't get to tell him goodbye. That picture is now my favorite of the two of us. I will never not give one of my buddies a ride!

Old 02-12-2014 | 05:25 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hoosier bird
One of my best friends wanted a ride home a few years ago so I gave him one. Of course we pulled up in front of my in-laws and he wraps his arms around me (quite the jokester) and my daughter who was sitting on the porch took a picture. She posted it on Facebook and it was quite embarrassing. That great friend had a stroke and died on March 4th of last year (totally unexpected) and I didn't get to tell him goodbye. That picture is now my favorite of the two of us. I will never not give one of my buddies a ride!
Another good read......your absolutely right! Live is to short to worry about what others think.....my 32 year old daughter had a massive fatal heart attack three weeks ago and i didnt have time to say good bye. I know what you mean. All we have is good memories.

Last edited by Pete6114; 02-12-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Quick Reply: You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride