General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013 | 12:26 AM
rasmukri
Tourer

Maybe its just because i dont like giving rides to people where i live because you become a taxi very fast, so i tell everyone if they aint got **** and a V they aint riding. Sometimes it gets you a little "payment" for the ride.

Old 12-28-2013 | 08:25 PM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard

Originally Posted by Ron750
I wouldn't hesitate to give a ride to a sick friend, or stranger. One nice thing about being 57 is I don't give a crap what anybody thinks of me except for my family.
I think that was cool of you.
f'n A ditty bag brother! I agree 100%

Old 12-31-2013 | 03:51 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

You did a good thing man and condolences.

As for riding two up with another guy I've done it before and I'll probably do it again. Can't think of a better way to introduce folks to the life.

Old 12-31-2013 | 09:27 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member

We did it all the time in the UK, but then we were not worried that we might be gay.

Old 12-31-2013 | 09:41 PM
elecwiz1
Tourer

That is a big smile on his face man, great job. Who cares who you give a ride to, it's your bike. . .

Old 12-31-2013 | 11:31 PM
beakerztoyz
Tourer

everytime this comes up and I see some of the post's saying "no I wouldnt take no guy on my bike" I wonder just where the heck did you guys come from and how did you ever get exposed to bikes. I rode on the back of my dad's bike, and my uncle's bike's and have had lot's of people I consider brothers on the back of mine over the years, for some who now have thier own bike's that was thier first experience on a bike. this I always thought was the way to create a new generation of biker's people who live and breathe and love motorcycles.

Scratt you totally did the right thing, and have the right attitude about it too I'm sorry about your brother

Old 01-01-2014 | 01:13 AM
bulldog485
Intermediate

Scratt, you did a brother a solid and gave him a gift that cannot be brought. If one of my brothers needs a ride or in the case of your friend, wants to feel wind and cannot do it on their own, I have no problem with anything living in my closet and would not hesitate to be a true friend. You made that brother's last ride happen...

My 15 year old son who is now taller then I am rides on the back of my Ultra Classic a lot during the summer. I would not trade the time with him for anything and look forward to the day he rides next to me if he so chooses. But never would I give up the time with my son on the bike. I don't care what people might think as they are driving by in their cages.

Funny story... About 12 years ago on a ride, one of the guys in my group ran out of gas. We were about 3 miles from a gas station and the bike I was on had no saddlebags and I didn't have any bungee nets or cords. He jumped on the back of my bike where we got to a gas station and borrowed a 1 gallon jug and filled it up and headed back to his bike. While on-route, I could not resist the urge and said to him in a light voice "I bet when you woke up this morning, the last thing you expected to have between your legs by noon would be me..." Classic look of horror on his face and we still joke about that to this day. But there was no way I was going to leave a brother stranded...

Old 01-01-2014 | 02:54 AM
srt8
Road Captain

Good on you Scratt, thats something you cant buy and you cant wipe the smile off his face. I took my nephew around the block sandwiched between my brother in law and me and didnt see a problem with that people need to stop being such hard azz homo phoebes. I cant see a better way to get people interested in motorcycles. I was only somewhat interested in motorcycles until I got my first dirt bike now I cant see my life with out one

Attached Thumbnails You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride-img_0718.jpg  

Last edited by srt8; 01-01-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-05-2014 | 08:29 AM
Scratt
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bulldog485
Scratt, you did a brother a solid and gave him a gift that cannot be brought. If one of my brothers needs a ride or in the case of your friend, wants to feel wind and cannot do it on their own, I have no problem with anything living in my closet and would not hesitate to be a true friend. You made that brother's last ride happen...

My 15 year old son who is now taller then I am rides on the back of my Ultra Classic a lot during the summer. I would not trade the time with him for anything and look forward to the day he rides next to me if he so chooses. But never would I give up the time with my son on the bike. I don't care what people might think as they are driving by in their cages.

Funny story... About 12 years ago on a ride, one of the guys in my group ran out of gas. We were about 3 miles from a gas station and the bike I was on had no saddlebags and I didn't have any bungee nets or cords. He jumped on the back of my bike where we got to a gas station and borrowed a 1 gallon jug and filled it up and headed back to his bike. While on-route, I could not resist the urge and said to him in a light voice "I bet when you woke up this morning, the last thing you expected to have between your legs by noon would be me..." Classic look of horror on his face and we still joke about that to this day. But there was no way I was going to leave a brother stranded...
Great story!

I have a funny one from back when.............Buddy of mine give me a ride on his Sporty to a friends house, we turn to go up a hill as he gasses on it about half way up the hill he turns his head and gives me a weird (not happy) look. when we stop I notice he has gas all over the tank. He said the cap fell off when he gassed on it and hit him in the nuts. I said "That was what the look was for?" He said yeah, I said "**** You I'm walking back". Hahaha

Old 01-05-2014 | 12:03 PM
Baddyna03
Novice

Who cares what anyone else thinks. It was real cool of you to give a sick bro a good day. Just lost my mom to that f'n c.

Quick Reply: You're a guy and a non riding friend(guy) asks for a ride