General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry, I suck….another pricing question for leftover models.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 01:53 PM
NuckaMan
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sorry, I suck….another pricing question for leftover models.

Man, I hate to ask another pricing question. It’s my first ever Harley and trying to understand the pricing game.

Basically I’m looking to make a purchase on ’13 leftover Road Glide Ultra in Black (hopefully in Black). Quite a few dealers have them in stock, probably because with a new version just around the corner, many people are holding out for the latest/greatest. I’m good with it as-is.

When it comes down to talking numbers, what kinda movement can I expect from MSRP for leftovers?

I’m in southern California if that matters.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:09 PM
sobluemf
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Man, I hate to ask another pricing question. It’s my first ever Harley and trying to understand the pricing game"

Id you hate it so much then why do it

There is not much to the game. Dealers always win! Not sure you will get much of a break on 2013s. I hear some dealers have 2012s left over. Thats going to be your best bet if you want bottom dollar.

What I did was find a deal on a 6 month old used bike with 1500 miles on it. Worked for my budget

Old 11-21-2013, 02:11 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 791 Likes on 384 Posts

I got 22% off MSRP on my 13 fatboy lo. Hit'um for 15% off and see.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:19 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Negotiate an out the door price below MSRP (inclusive of taxes and fees) and have them throw in the 1k service and any other goodies that you need. Play the dealers off one another and see who steps up. Just make sure it's out the door price or those fees (freight, prep, whatever else they want to add in) will get thrown in. SJ Ron

Old 11-21-2013, 04:33 PM
gatorlaw
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 398 Likes on 124 Posts

Know how much you are willing to spend before you walk in and stick to it. Otherwise next thing you know you spent thousands more than you should have.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:49 PM
sarpeezy
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

also go to the dealership towards the end of the month

Old 11-21-2013, 04:54 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sarpeezy
also go to the dealership towards the end of the month
year end inventory is coming up. always a good time to get a deal.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:39 PM
ExDucRider
Tourer

5% off of MSRP out the door. That's what I ask and I did get it.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Dizzy810
Advanced

I stopped by my local dealer a few weeks back. They had 2013 Limited's at $3k off. Road Glide I don't think you will find such a deal. With the 2014's out most people will opt for the new one, especially with so many changes/additions. Since there is no 2014 Road Glide, 2013 is the latest and greatest and supply is only going down. As they get harder to find price will just go up. No one knows when it will make its return and most people are to impatient to wait when they don't know how long it will be.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Missle
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorlaw
Know how much you are willing to spend before you walk in and stick to it. Otherwise next thing you know you spent thousands more than you should have.
That was what happened to me. I bought at end of August. I researched prices for few days at dealers, NADA, KBB. Planning on buying a used Heritage, rode 2hrs to dealer, they had 1 used 2010 and 2 2013 Heritage's, after hours of trying to work out deal, I got a new one. I had buyers remorse for few days, thinking I didn't get a good enough deal. That passed of course, and love my Heritage no regrets. I'm tougher when buying a car, but this was my first new bike. Have all your numbers ready. I agree, no new Ultras coming, so prices might not have alot of wiggle room.

Quick Reply: Sorry, I suck….another pricing question for leftover models.