General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry, I suck….another pricing question for leftover models.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:57 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Just consider all options:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/121218760986?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
Negotiate a low price, fly to Florida, and ride it back. I did that one year and it was a blast (but it was from OK to SoCal). SJ Ron

Old 11-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At 5% off MSRP you will save about a $1000. I don't think that is an unreasonable offer. I would also try to get them to take out the set up fee of $350 and throw in the first service. Its worth a try.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:35 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The '13 Road Glide is at least temporarily the last of the breed. Question - Does this raise or lower it's bottom line price?

Old 11-21-2013, 11:42 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by tas_todd
I got 22% off MSRP on my 13 fatboy lo. Hit'um for 15% off and see.
you got a $17,000 bike for $13,000? you obviously don't live in la. dealers rarely come down off msrp and when they do it is for the 1 or 2 bikes that they just haven't been able to get rid of.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:23 PM
ALUCARD19
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Knock $500.00 off list(msrp) then give them that price as an out the door price, always deal in an OTD price top line and all lines after that do not matter the only line that matters is the last bottom line. Deal like this but always be willing to walk away plenty of dealers out there that will and do deal. Good luck on your purchase keep us informed.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:47 AM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

NoCal dealers ordered extra of Road Glides because of the popularity here. I don't think they planned on discounting them. My dealer had at least ten on the floor last summer. None now. Good luck.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:47 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,247 Likes on 22,615 Posts

Originally Posted by NuckaMan
Man, I hate to ask another pricing question. It’s my first ever Harley and trying to understand the pricing game.

Basically I’m looking to make a purchase on ’13 leftover Road Glide Ultra in Black (hopefully in Black). Quite a few dealers have them in stock, probably because with a new version just around the corner, many people are holding out for the latest/greatest. I’m good with it as-is.

When it comes down to talking numbers, what kinda movement can I expect from MSRP for leftovers?

I’m in southern California if that matters.
Have you tried calling the dealers in your area and asking them then what their prices are?
That would be the first point of attack I would think?

No one on here can tell you for sure what the discounts are as I'm sure that it varies from dealer to dealer?

You or your dealer could look at it as the RG may never come back.
That is a possibility that should not be over-looked.
Guarantee you if they are(RG's) that big of a seller they will come back.

Then again, if they are not they may never.
That be the case the RG will certainly be worth top dollar.

If on the other hand there is a "new one around the corner" then you would obviously get a better deal.
I think you would be better off waiting it out to see, either way as you may want the new one after you see it.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Wheels24
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think there's a standard answer. Don't fall in love with anything you see, be patient, be flexible and stick to your guns. I always go in with a reasonable number that I absolutely won't go beyond after a ton of research...don't tell them what it is. Make sure they know you're ready to buy today (and be ready). Tell 'em they get one shot at giving you their best number OTD...you're spending your hard earned money, not riding around making friends...and time's a-wastin'.

If their one shot is above your number get up, walk out and don't look back. Chances are they'll call you at home with a lower number within 24 hours...tell 'em to pound sand unless you really want to work with that dealer for some reason. There are hundreds of dealers out there...make some calls using the same approach, then go on a road trip and pick up your new bike when you find one that hits your number. If you're reasonable, patient and flexible it works.

And don't let them tell you that the last (maybe) year of something makes it more valuable...BS...if it's so great then why is it being discontinued (for now) and why is it still sitting on their floor? Do they want to move it or not? Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by Wheels24; 11-23-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:51 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

A local dealer was recently advertising MSRP out the door (that includes tax, prep, freight and all fees) for all leftover 2013 models. If a dealer advertises that price then chances are good other dealers will match it or go even lower.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:35 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dealership here is offering left overs for 2k off, tax and tag included, and the 1k service thrown in also. Oh, and no set-up or delivery fees.

I got a similar deal in 2011 when the 2012s came out. They even threw in handlebars, sissy bar, and luggage rack.

Quick Reply: Sorry, I suck….another pricing question for leftover models.