General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you let others ride your bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014 | 02:59 PM
HaydenHeywoodHayes
Club Member

Got a buddy in the LA area who was in the U.S. Air Force with me back in the early 70s and we ride when I go out there to visit family and when he gets back here. I've had a different bike each time he's come here and he's ridden each one of them. I've ridden his Indian when he had it and his Road Glide. Also drove his brand new (80-miles new) Camaro SS a couple years ago when he got it. He just recently bought a new Indian Vintage and I'll ride it when I go out there this Summer...I trust him with anything I have.

I know this guy, though, and probably wouldn't be so accommodating to just anyone off the street. There's a couple guys here in the neighborhood that I occasionally ride with and I'd let them ride mine if they asked.

Old 01-15-2014 | 06:20 PM
Jd Swiper
Road Master

NO .... Never.... Ever .... And i don't let anyone screw my wife either, they're both mine!!

Old 01-15-2014 | 07:36 PM
Ratbike_Mike
Tourer

I've never had someone ask me if they can ride my bike and I've never offered in turn, but I would let a close friend who knows how to ride take a short spin on her, sure.

Outside of that, no, unless it's someone who intends on buying it (and even then it's only if the person is serious, has the money in hand, everything else has been talked over and the ride itself is the final factor in the purchase decision).

Old 01-15-2014 | 08:19 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member

The brothers, & a few others,yes. However they have to want to learn to ride a jockey& they have to find the hidden start switch.

Old 01-15-2014 | 08:32 PM
Aaresz
Tourer

No, never.

Old 01-15-2014 | 08:42 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior

No way.... The guy that tunes it has tested it out but he's the only one because I know him well enough to know if he messes it up, he'll make it right. I've had people ask me and I just laugh at them.... No f--king way I tell them!

Old 01-15-2014 | 09:43 PM
Grimace97
Cruiser

Do they ride and am I comfortable with them? Sure.

Old 01-16-2014 | 10:21 AM
GOBEAVS
6th Gear

It took me too long to be able to have this bike so no I do not. I have been riding for well over 1/2 my life and I have let people ride my other bikes and I just don't like it so no more.

Old 01-16-2014 | 10:28 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member

I have Brothers that can take any of my Bikes, Trucks, Weapons anytime they need, no questions asked. Outside of them or my wife...NO. And yes I have trusted them with my family in my absents.

Old 01-16-2014 | 10:32 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member

My current bike is an ex- Police bike. Who knows how many people have ridden it since it was new. So I don't get all protective of it if someone I know wants to ride it. When I'm selling a bike thats a different story. I've had a bunch of people that just want to see what its like to ride a Harley, with no intention of buying it. At first they are all smiles and happy about a test ride, but the smile leaves their face when I ask for the money up front for me to hold until the test ride is over, and the bike comes back unharmed. They say they'll be back, but never do.,,

Quick Reply: Do you let others ride your bikes?