General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking next to Harley Davidsons

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 52,069 Likes on 18,349 Posts
Default Parking next to Harley Davidsons

I know there was another thread on this but can't find it. So feel free to merge this.

I am having breakfast when someone came up to me to ask "is that your motorcycle parked out front?". I say yes and he says you should see how this car is parked next to it and the passenger doors were very close to it when they opened them to get out.

I know I parked next to a handicap slot, dead center in mine. Well this is how they parked next to me. There were no scrapes on the bike and I had plenty of room to get out but my god, this guy has a driver's license. The car on the other side was parked pefectly in his slot.

Attached Thumbnails Parking next to Harley Davidsons-parking-too-close.01.jpg   Parking next to Harley Davidsons-parking-too-close.02.jpg  
Old 11-19-2013, 10:01 AM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i have to put that type of person into the catagory of a self absorb punk that thinks he own the road, people like that i would love to key the side of the car, but i wont stoop to that level... i'll let someone else do it

Old 11-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I get A holes like that all the time around here. At least the guy/lady has an excuse,as they are handicapped and more than likely elderly. Here it's usually a teenager on a phone or soccer mom with a SUV so large she has no idea how to keep it on the lines.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

People that can't park right don't deserve to have a driver's license. If their parking skills are that bad, imagine how bad their driving skills are.
I will always either confront the idiot, or if I can't find them leave a nice note, or in some cases I leave my mark behind..
There are no excuses. I don't care if you're elderly, handicapped or just stupid....if they can't park any better than that then they shouldn't be driving, period.

Last edited by Sharkman73; 11-19-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:05 AM
zyonsdream
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats about as bad as the tools who have to center their bloated SUVs over 4 spaces so no one can park close to them. I try to park my bike away from clusters of parked cars. I've also been known to wait until these tools come out so I can ask them why they chose to park next to me when I parked out in bumbleville.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:06 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 16,949 Likes on 8,624 Posts

Leave a note about the bad parking.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:07 AM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's ridiculous. Cowboy, that isn't the handicapped spot. The one on the right is.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:08 AM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i try my best to avoid busy parking lots and it i have to use them then i will park on the painted wedge areas at the end of the row, this way theres no excuse for anyone to get that close to my bike

Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by NewAge
That's ridiculous. Cowboy, that isn't the handicapped spot. The one on the right is.
Oh crap! I'm on my phone and I couldn't tell from the little pic. Oh geez,I apologize for even thinking this person was handicapped. What a douchebag.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:11 AM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

People like this idiot are the the very type who don't give a damn about parking properly & could'nt care less if they whammed your bike with the door. Their mindset is screw you I'll do what I damn well please.

Quick Reply: Parking next to Harley Davidsons