General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking next to Harley Davidsons

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 05:10 PM
PillPopper
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
Thanks for the tickets, Ultra. Just printed off a few...
Tickets that impart the same message but have an adhesive backing would be better for several reasons. You never know, you might find them at the world's largest marketplace, eBay or Amazon. Slap one on the windshield, one on the driver side window, one on the trunk, one on the front and rear bumper, and so on. Even better if they sell them in a fluorescent color.

Last edited by PillPopper; 11-23-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:47 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 16,950 Likes on 8,624 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub099
I frequent a place that has a notoriously packed parking lot with a small spot reserved for motorcycles. Pulled up one day on my Sportster and saw a Mercedes SUV parked in the motorcycle spot, plus a good portion of the adjacent spot. Only time that has ever happened and of course it was the exact ****ing douchebag you are all picturing in your heads.
He needed stickering in a bad way...

Old 11-23-2013, 11:30 PM
ryan06
Tourer

Received 136 Likes on 70 Posts

I think part of the problem is the modern vehicles all have round corners that slope down, makes it more difficult to judge clearance front and back.
It was a lot easier when cars were square.
And more blind spots now too. Used to be easy to shoulder check with bench seats. Not anymore with buckets and wide door pillars, low windows etc.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Hero
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that's still pretty good parking by Dubai standards. I once upon a time also believed a civil discussion would be the best in these situations. I was sitting in the car outside a store waiting for my wife to return when this guy backed into the spot on my passenger side, really close for comfort. Callously swung his door open & whacked into mine, denting it. I got out & calmly tried confronting him about it (he had his whole family with him & I wasn't looking for a fight). He initially just ignored me & when I persisted he claimed not knowing what I was talking about, flatly denied even touching my car & just walked away - even though his white paint still stuck in my black door at the exact point of contact. I now prefer to not engage anyone thankyouverymuch and would by lying if I said vandalism hasn't crossed my mind.

I can understand if old age drivers sometimes get it wrong like in Florida, but sometimes perfectly functioning a-holes couldn't care less about anyone other than themselves & the damage down both sides of most cars in this city speaks volumes. Needless to say I don't park the bike anywhere near any cars.