General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When's the Last Time You've Had to Pick up a Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014 | 10:31 PM
Bird-man
Cruiser

Yesterday!! Thought I forgot something at the house, tried a u-turn on a gravel road, put my foot down, slid out on the gravel and laid it down. My tendons in my elbows are still sore. Wish I had seen this thread and that video a couple days ago!

Old 11-09-2014 | 07:42 AM
DianneB
Tourer

Dropped a Honda 750 in September while unloading it from a trailer single-handed. The side stand caught on the trailer bed when the damned thing was half on the trailer and half on the ramp and I lost control of it trying to push it ahead to clear the snag. Couldn't stand on the trailer - too far forward - and standing on the ground was too low! That damned bike was HEAVY and I wasn't strong enough to life it until I got myself REALLY MAD! It is much easier to lift a bike on level ground LOL!

Old 11-09-2014 | 06:37 PM
Markallamerican
Tourer

A couple of weeks ago

Old 11-09-2014 | 06:55 PM
HardRider1
Road Warrior

A couple of times this year, I practice at least (3) times a week rodeo style riding, I would love to compete someday in skills riding competition, I love doing slow maneuvers and seeing how long I can stay balanced at a stop, this takes a lot of practice with the clutch and brake working in the friction zone, sometimes, especially on right hand maneuvers I stall if the wheel is all the way to the right stop, its very hard to keep the bike standing. But I will keep practicing its part of what I love to do.

Old 11-09-2014 | 10:49 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior

Ughh... a couple of months ago. I was in a crowded parking lot. For some stupid reason I thought I should back my bike up on to an uneven cement to asphalt surface. Well, I hit it just right so when I came to a stop and went to shift into 1st, I was on the ground so fast I didn't know what happened. I saw what it was after the fact. Of course, I had a large audience, a nice young guy came over to help me lift my bike. No damage. I thanked him an took off. **** happens.

Old 11-10-2014 | 06:45 AM
Assegai
Ultimate HDF Member

...............once had a 90 pound g/f that I'd instructed in the proper methods of gett'n it up!

Old 11-10-2014 | 11:01 AM
DanRC
Road Master

This past summer I dropped a rented Limited at a stop sign while touring New Hampshire. I do not know how I lifted, but I did without too much difficulty. It must have been the embarrassement. The best pat that even when it was completely on its side, there was no damage.

Old 11-10-2014 | 05:26 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member

LOL! About an hour ago -- I was practicing u-turns on my driveway and just pushed it too far. <G>

Old 11-12-2014 | 03:06 PM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain

This weekend when the wife knocked it over in the shed. She was detailing it, and was mortified, so she caught no crap from me.

Old 11-12-2014 | 03:15 PM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain

Dropping a bike is kinda like running a boat (you do not 'drive' a boat, you run it, just as we 'ride' our bikes instead of driving them); if you haven't run aground you have not been boating very long. It happens. No big deal.

Quick Reply: When's the Last Time You've Had to Pick up a Bike?