General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made her night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005 | 10:25 AM
jlacasci
|
Tourer
Default Made her night!!!

I took my new bike to my sisters's house last night, big end of summer cookout. Had the bike all cleaned up and looking GREAT as my sister hadn't seen it yet. I took a couple of helmet with me, one that would fit kids and an adult full face, I knew I'd be giving a couple of rides. My brother-in-laws mother "jokingly" said she wanted a ride, nice lady, sharp as a tack, still walking even though she's got a bumb legg. Anyway, around 9:00pm she finds me and say's she'd been looking for me, she wanted her ride. I figured what the hell, it's a quiet area, no one on the roads. She's 79!!!!! It took us a few minutes to get her setteled up on the seat. And she LOVED IT, you should have seen the smile from ear to ear on here face when we got back. She was telling stories about how her husband back in WWII and some friends would steal rationed gas to take a BMW bike out for spin in Germany, and went on and on about riding when she was "much younger" etc.... Some people took some pictures, If I can get a copy I'll post some. It's just amazing what a bike can still do for foks...

Joe

Old 08-28-2005 | 10:33 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Made her night!!!

Sounds like a special lady; and a big ol' gold star for you on the deal, too!

Old 08-28-2005 | 11:15 AM
Taildraggerdave
Road Captain

I agree. If you can get them on the bike and go for a nice ride, they usually love it. I remember the first time I rode with my wife. She was nervous at first but once out on the open rode, she loved it. I remember getting stuck behind a truck and she taps me on the shoulder and says pass this guy. We were on a Fatboy then, too, and I rolled the throttle on and passed the guy like he was standing steal. She got real excited after that............

Old 08-28-2005 | 11:25 AM
toadmanor
Road Captain

I hope Im still ridin' when Im 79, thats only 25 years away...

Old 08-28-2005 | 12:51 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

It's a lot farther for me, but I hope I'm riding too.

Great story, jlacasci.

ORIGINAL: toadmanor

I hope Im still ridin' when Im 79, thats only 25 years away...

Old 08-28-2005 | 01:30 PM
Big Ted
Road Master

Good story. Thanks for sharing. Let's see some pics when you get a chance.

Old 08-28-2005 | 02:11 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

Gotta say it,
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Let's see some pics of the woman on that scoot!

Mac

Old 08-28-2005 | 02:17 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Howdy Joe, thanks for the story. Glad to hear that she had a good time, I bet that she did have a big smile on her face.

Old 08-28-2005 | 09:43 PM
jlacasci
|
Tourer

Okay, here's my attempt at sending the only photo's taken, hope this works.

Joe

Here's what I did, if this doesn't work I'm about to give up trying to post photo's here.

1. In no way could I past anything form a jpeg file on my computer. I had to first past it to my personal web site on comcat. Every other way just had a copy option,
not a copy link option. Just the copy option wouldn't past when I clicked past or CTRL-V.

2. After I posted the darn images to my comcast web site, I then had to right click each image, select copy link, then come back here click the image button, put the
cursor in the middle, then CTRL-V or right click and past.

3. When I select Preview, I don't see the picture??? Just the link so I don't know if this will work or not. I've tried countless attempts at doing this so if this doesn't work sorry guys.

Joe

Old 08-28-2005 | 09:52 PM
jlacasci
|
Tourer

Okay, my frustration with trying to post an in-line image here has me ready to throw this computer out the window. It shouldn't be this hard.

Some of you in the past have gone to my web site, cut a photo of my bike and pasted it into the forum. Nothing I do seems to allow this to work. I'm a freaking Unix admin/Oracle DBA and I've got thousands of dollars in photography equipment. This shouldn't be this freaking hard.

Can someone, "anyone" tell me how to put a darn .jpg file in this text????

I've tried clicking the image button, then right click a straight JPG file from IE or Microsoft Photo Viewer and then pasting between the image spots. Nothing.
I've tried uploading the images to my web site on Comcast, right clicking and select copy shortcut, pasting like above still nothing.

Joe

Quick Reply: Made her night!!!