Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LA meet and greeet a success...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:19 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default LA meet and greeet a success...

As it happens Scootergrrl's bike had a dead battery this morning,so we arrived a few minutes late. I left the side cover at home and zoomed back to get it as it was in a place it could have been easily picked up. I jumped her bike and all was fine once it was warm, but now I have a new set of problems to solve with that.

I was honored to lead a posse of my HDForums brethren from there to our meet spot at Neptunes Net on the Ventura/LA county line. I have never ridden with a large group of people before. I used to ride with 5 or 6 people at most on a regular basis, and we would swarm twisty canyons at an alarming rate attempting to prove who was the fastest and therefore the master of the road. This is a whole different thing. Cruising with that many people behind you or around you is an amazing feeling. I was completely free of anything but the moment. My head has finally been cleared. The ride went extremely smooth. No problems at all. And we couldn't have asked for better weather if we tried.

I had not been to Neptune's in a very long time, and the place was packed. I let Liane maneuver the restaurant for beverages, and never did have anything to eat as I hate standing in line. Oh well, made some killer food when I got home. We had people from the local area, Inland Empire, Orange County, Simi Vcalley, Up north, and Las Vegas, or shall I say Kingman, Arizona. I never did take a final count on how many forum members showed up, but I would estimate 40 or so. It was a pleasure to meet some of you fine folks in person, as I have only known you by your forum name.

I did not take too many pictures, but I am sure that many other people did. Did I forget to mention that the cagers had it in for Liane on the way home? Not once, but twice she nearly got run over and cut off. I was thoroughly impressed with her ability to swerve, and ride out a full fledged two wheel skid and stay upright. I must confess that the woman who pulled out in front of her lost her left hand side mirror about 5 seconds after cutting her off. She really looked confused too. I am sure she didn't see Liane, but those are the breaks. I am extremely grateful that Liane took the MSF and is able to apply the skills she learned there in the real world, as I am sure if she hadn't taken the MSF there is no way she would have made it out of either of those situations. Thank God.

I would have chosen a different route back for Liane and I had I known how much traffic there was on the coast, but I forgot how it gets in the summertime. I know it's not summer yet, but it was equallyas warm today.

Several others suggested that we do this on a regular basis and I agree. I guess the next meet will ahve to be either up north a bit further, or down south in OC via Ortega Highway. We will figure it out. Oh yeah, a big thanks to Philip for getting there early and saving tables for us. Hats off Philip...

One more thing, we had a member from Mexico there as well. Mimo drove out from Orange with a beautiful friend of his. I want to take this time to thank all who attended and say we will do it again soon. Now for a few pics...

Old 03-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Wldtat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LA meet and greeet a success...

Must say it was a great time, and nice to put faces to a few of these forum names.

Speaking of battery problems, thanks for your help getting me jumped and on my way. When I got home there was a vm that AAA finally showed up about an hour after we left. Thanks again to you and Scootergrrl, and shoot me an e-mail, and we'll hook up for lunch or dinner one day here in the South Bay, maybe take a ride around Palos Verdes.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:50 PM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great day, and plentyof people .

Old 03-11-2007, 11:51 PM
anubisss
Banned

Glad you made it home without trouble Wldtat. Here is a few pics, one at a time to build suspense...

Old 03-12-2007, 12:22 AM
anubisss
Banned

See this thread for more pics. I didn't take too many, but did just notice that I got fried from the sun. LOL...
https://www.hdforums.com/m_1372930/tm.htm

Old 03-12-2007, 12:38 AM
anubisss
Banned

Another pic from the meet this am at Arco.