General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you wear helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007 | 08:14 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Default RE: How many of you wear helmets?

I used to race bicycles, and have crashed numerous times at 20-25 mph in races. I have never gone down at that speedwithout splitting my helmet. Your neck simply will not hold your head off the pavement. Think about what it would be like at three times that speed.

Old 03-12-2007 | 08:28 PM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member

[sm=deadhorse.gif] This is about the 5th post about helmets since I joined (3 months).....does anyone read through the old stuff? Same arguments in each one...same comments. Bottom line....wreck with no helmet...greater risk of[sm=violin.gif][sm=bangbang.gif]. It's your choice...even in states where there is a helmet law, it's your option to pay the ticket if you were to get pulled over....about the same cost as a good helmet. I'll get off my soap box now.

Old 03-13-2007 | 01:18 AM
dadio
Advanced

It depends on how I feel. I have helmets and do wear them on occasion, matter of fact was out shoppin for a new one today. I like riding without, wind blowin through my curly locks. I'm a firm believer in letting the rider decide for them selves. When I see a post like Corl's my only reply is you're in your car and God gives you that same moment are you going to put on your helmet? Then why are you not wearin your helmit in your cage, its safer.

Old 03-13-2007 | 03:22 AM
fyrmnjim
Cruiser

I wear a modular now. Never used to when I was younger. i've seen too many accidents in my career where the only major injury was a head injury on a unhelmeted rider, many of those that lived are now fed with tubes and have their diapers changed by a nursing home aide.
There are bold pilots and old pilots but, there are no old-bold pilots.

Old 03-13-2007 | 06:50 AM
AKsavage
Tourer

I wear a modular, its easier to put on over my glasses. At least I did before it was stolen along with my gloves.

Old 03-13-2007 | 07:32 AM
helixhippie
Road Master

I wear a half helmet 60% of the time but gloves...always.
Go figure.

Old 03-13-2007 | 12:29 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i live where there is no law .but i do wear one most of the time . full face when it's cold cold and a three quater when it cold and a half.when the wearther is nice . i ride the freeway every day.and the other days i dont wear one.but i would havta say alot. i do

Old 03-13-2007 | 01:02 PM
99superglide
Tourer

I wear a helmet 99% of the time. Someone in this thread said something about the pros and cons of helmets. What are the cons?????

Old 03-13-2007 | 01:07 PM
LOTHAR
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 99superglide

I wear a helmet 99% of the time. Someone in this thread said something about the pros and cons of helmets. What are the cons?????
Restricted peripheral vison and hearing. Aesthetics which is one of the resons I ride. By that I mean overall comfort on a warm day. Shorts, tennies and tank top versus chaps, helmet and gloves for me. What a great country (yet) where you have a choice.

Old 03-13-2007 | 02:12 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: themadscientist

Helmet, boots, Gloves leather jacket and at the minimum jeans. I take my body's well-being seriously and the curb doesn't show any love.
same here! got a new acc helmet in daytona so now I do ride w/helmet. even kept the leathers on cruising main street. I don't get the "only going to the store/bar down the street" so I don't bother mentality. bottom line to each their own.

Quick Reply: How many of you wear helmets?