General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you wear helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007 | 11:18 PM
Radical
Tourer
Default RE: How many of you wear helmets?

I wear one all the time however in Wisconsin I'd bet 80% don't.

Old 03-11-2007 | 11:26 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior

I wear one now, because I have to thanks to the Communist State of Virginia. However, I'm from Texas back in the days when helmet use was not required, unlike the "gotta have 10g in insurance" crap they got now.

When I finally move to Florida, I will only wear a helmet durning commutes to and from work. Too many cagers asleep behind the wheel going to and from work for my comfort. When I'm on the backroads doing my own thing, I'll trust in my abilities just like I did from 18 to 21 in Texas.

Old 03-11-2007 | 11:47 PM
markdt
Road Captain

Always wear one , even for those short hops to the store while in non regulated ststes. Was near Ocala a month ago(hwy 19 ? )and came apon a group of riders and a poor guy being hauled off on a stretcher , he wasn't moving . The Police had the road blocked to traffic in both directions while they had to scoop this guy off the roadway. I asked the cop what happened because there apeared to be little to no damage to his bike. He said that a group were riding together and one hit the other, or swerved to avoid something. They were still checking into it. I did see a single skid mark about 20 feet long. This was on a 30mph road. He then told us all that he was glad to see we were wearing lids. Never found out the exact cause. I rode Motocross for years so I am used to wearing one.I hope he was Ok .

Old 03-11-2007 | 11:53 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: thrillseeker

ummm, I think the majority of HD riders do wear helmets. Even is states where it is not forced upon you, riders still wear them.
WRONG. Not in my part of the country. Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota,Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida.

Old 03-11-2007 | 11:59 PM
themadscientist
Advanced

Helmet, boots, Gloves leather jacket and at the minimum jeans. I take my body's well-being seriously and the curb doesn't show any love.

Old 03-12-2007 | 12:03 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

Full face.
Tom

Old 03-12-2007 | 12:10 AM
MAchonewon
Road Master

[align=center]Indian Larry didn't wear no stinkin helmet![/align][align=center]RIP!![/align][align=center]No disrespect meant. [/align][align=center]They sometime protect you from small spills. [/align][align=center]I wear one all the time. [/align]

Old 03-12-2007 | 12:13 AM
okieblue62
|
Tourer

Interesting comments so far. Personally I wear a Shoei full face, Although Ive been guilty from time to time of riding without it.

I agree wholeheartedly that it should be left up to individual choice.

Old 03-12-2007 | 12:14 AM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member

I weat a 1/2 helmet as does the wife. We are thinking of buying full face helmets for the longer trips.

Old 03-12-2007 | 12:14 AM
bastardmaker
Road Warrior

I wear a 3/4 helmet mostly to block the wind and keep my ear buds in place. If Im running a quick trip to the store then I dont.

Quick Reply: How many of you wear helmets?