General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you wear helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007 | 10:09 PM
METALMANGLER76
Advanced
Default RE: How many of you wear helmets?

HERE IN THE FACIST REGIME OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, OUR LOVLEY GUVNA' JENNIFER GRANDMOLE JUST VETOED THE BIG GROWN UP BIKERS RIGHT TO CHOOSE FOR THEMSLVES WHETHER OR NOT TO WEAR A HELMUT.SO UNLES I WANT TO BE HARASSED BY THE JACK BOOTED GESTAPO THUGS AND LOSE HALF OF A PAYCHECK I CHOOSE TO WEAR A HELMUTT.THANKS FOR THINKING FOR ME JENNY SO'S I DON'T HAVE TO. p.S. CAN I USE THE BATHROOM?

Old 03-18-2007 | 11:35 PM
dynrdave
Road Master

only on the interstate.

Old 03-18-2007 | 11:40 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

I wear one most of the time. On weekends with no traffic riding a few miles, I don't.

Old 03-19-2007 | 12:33 AM
Cool Breeze
Road Master

Yep, it's the law here in Georgia. I would probably wear one anyway, grew up wearing them. I wear the half most of the time, but should wear my FF more often. I did wear my FF during July last summer and it did keep my head cooler during the 100* heat.

Old 03-19-2007 | 12:47 AM
Fishpart
Tourer

16Over, by a differnt kind of rider these days do you mean smarter more informed and having an understanding that there are 10 times more hazards on the roads these days! Number one in my book is cell phone users in cages I swear their worse then a drunk driver.

Old 03-19-2007 | 02:56 AM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: METALMANGLER76

HERE IN THE FACIST REGIME OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, OUR LOVLEY GUVNA' JENNIFER GRANDMOLE JUST VETOED THE BIG GROWN UP BIKERS RIGHT TO CHOOSE FOR THEMSLVES WHETHER OR NOT TO WEAR A HELMUT.SO UNLES I WANT TO BE HARASSED BY THE JACK BOOTED GESTAPO THUGS AND LOSE HALF OF A PAYCHECK I CHOOSE TO WEAR A HELMUTT.THANKS FOR THINKING FOR ME JENNY SO'S I DON'T HAVE TO. p.S. CAN I USE THE BATHROOM?
According to your profile, you were born in 1911. That would make you 95 years old. If that is true I can see why you are not worried about your future. But for most people your bathroom comment is really relevant.

I used to know a guy that had a head injury. Not from a motorcycle accident but from an accident while mountain climbing. He didn't ask to use the bathroom, he couldn't talk. He would just pee into the bag hanging on his wheelchair through the cather stuck in his *****. And his mom would change his diaper for the other stuff. This went on for about a year until he couldn't take it anymore and put a gun barrel in his mouth.

Those of us that you seem to feel are 'preaching' are just trying to pass along knowledge. Knowledge that some of us have personally learned the hard way. If you are sure that you know better, just dismiss any advice and count your blessings that you have no personal experience with a head injury.

Ron

Old 03-19-2007 | 10:39 AM
scarnay
Road Master

Always wear one. Don't have to in Delaware but I do.

Old 03-19-2007 | 12:58 PM
PREACHER
Cruiser

If I'm on my bike the helmet is on my head. 1/2 70 % 3/4 30% Presently considering a full face for winter.

Old 03-19-2007 | 05:06 PM
Sean883
Cruiser

Don't wear one.

Old 03-19-2007 | 05:28 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

"I wear a helmet because first I am extremely good looking and second I am highly intelligent and I don't want to be putting either of those personal qualities of mine at risk....."

LOL! Me too! [8D]

Full Face at all times. I don't like the wind on my face or the bugs and other crap. To each his own though; it's your head.

Quick Reply: How many of you wear helmets?