General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice ride last weekend and car show

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013 | 07:36 AM
CLYDE60
|
Tourer
Default Nice ride last weekend and car show

A friend called last wed. night said his wife can get friday off, can we, and do you want to ride up into Wisconsin. I told him I wanted to be back sat. night for our towns car show but let me see what I could get done tonight but I thought so. We left at 9am friday rode for 30min to southwest corner of wiss. and stopped for breakfast. He looked at me and said where are we going anyway. I said didn't care where ever we end up. He then said have you ever been to the museum. Told no but was going someday, so we decided to take backroads and off we when to milwaukee. Museum was cool but after a while I wanted to get back on the bike and find our stay over spot. While still at the museum we asked a guy if he was a local and if he new where a fun spot was to stop for the night. I always have an atlas in the tour pack and had it out he looked at it and said he didn't know how to read one of them and didn't one of us have an I-phone we laughed and said no but thanks anyway. So we headed north, found a small town with a motel and a bar and had some fun. Sat. morning we started heading back our goal was to make it back across using only county roads. We hit some rain later in the afternoon but it didn't mater we made that fun to.
Got back about 7pm went to the car show they had beer, cars, bikes and a band great weekend.

Old 10-11-2013 | 08:22 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Nothing like a nice ride with extra stuff to do when you get there. We had one of our own last weekend too. 550 one way miles into the mile high country near Big Bend National Park. Pretty and cold Sunday morning.

Old 10-11-2013 | 08:23 AM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member

Sounds like you had a great time!

Old 10-11-2013 | 12:29 PM
wwiiavfan
Stellar HDF Member

Glad you had a good ride!
Hard to beat Wisconsin this time of year, the colors are usually pretty spectacular.
Come back again sometime!

Old 10-11-2013 | 02:17 PM
CLYDE60
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by wwiiavfan
Glad you had a good ride!
Hard to beat Wisconsin this time of year, the colors are usually pretty spectacular.
Come back again sometime!

Thanks for the invite, we are planning next weekend. Another friend asked if we would go with him and his new girlfriend. She hasn't been on a bike much and I'm pretty good at getting lost and finding my way back. So we plan on visiting your fine state then