General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not a fan of the big wheel look but...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013 | 02:26 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
Like putting 26"s on a classic Chevelle SS. I feel sorry for the poor car.e[/url]
LOL yeah huh? I've seen a few Jeeps even with that crap done to them. I just look at them and shake my head at them....once I think I pointed and laughed!

Poor Jeeps.....resigned to that kind of life...

Old 10-10-2013 | 02:28 PM
Walter White
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mike
Welll, I grew up building and riding chops, and I think that Big Dog is ******' beautiful.

I will always love choppers, old school chops from the 60s and 70s, as well as the billet "pro-street" choppers from the 90s. I also dig bobbers, board trackers, thug style dynas and fxrs, as well as custom baggers and adventure-bike Sportster conversions. I'd own at least one of each if I could afford to.

My next build will likely be a norcal style dyna with a 23" front wheel. That should **** off all the guys who diss the so called "SOA" style bikes, as well as the big wheel haters.
----

I have been considering selling my Wrangler and getting a project bike. I have been bouncing around getting or building up a cafe racer or buying a used vrod muscle and make a chopper out of it. A custom Dyna or a dual purpose classic bike similar to Steve Mcqueen's are also in the running:

Old 10-10-2013 | 04:14 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Walter White
----

I have been considering selling my Wrangler and getting a project bike. I have been bouncing around getting or building up a cafe racer or buying a used vrod muscle and make a chopper out of it. A custom Dyna or a dual purpose classic bike similar to Steve Mcqueen's are also in the running:
I'd have a garage full of bikes if I could afford it..... I've got more ideas for bikes than I have money, that's for sure.

I rode a mid 70s Bonneville 750 back in the early 80s. Cut the rear fender down, and installed a solo seat, wrapped headers with lollipop baffles. Other than that, it was a mostly stock bike. I was living in Boulder at the time. The bike wasn't much of a long distance cruiser, but it worked good for knocking around up in the mountain towns.

Old 10-10-2013 | 08:11 PM
Pappy1
Road Captain

If I do it on my SG it will be 21" max....prob will just end up going 19 on front and chrome

Old 10-10-2013 | 08:22 PM
shineola
Tourer

Not a fan of the big wheel look ..... I like the way they handle stock.... I go the other way and love the 28 degree rake of my fxr

Old 10-10-2013 | 09:34 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah... you guys are probably right. I'm going to throw it away and buy a stock bike, and a pirate suit. That'll be a lot more fun.

Old 10-10-2013 | 09:53 PM
backplay
Road Master

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
Like putting 26"s on a classic Chevelle SS. I feel sorry for the poor car.

71` Chevelle SS on DUB 26's - YouTube
While I do find what was done to this Chevelle distastful we have to remember there are a lot of dimbulbs that think it's the new definition of cool. Acquiring the taste is not easily accomplished so we have to allow for the good and poor as well.

Old 10-11-2013 | 12:13 AM
Blueneck
Intermediate
From: at the bottom of the world, just a rocks though from the ice
Default self opinionated dick heads

get a life you haterz, never knock an-others choice in customizing that's just plain bad manners, i bet half of you couldn't change yer own oil, let alone build a ground up custom, any man with the ***** to walk up to my ride an criticize better be prepared to look up at me from the ground

Old 10-11-2013 | 07:23 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Blueneck
get a life you haterz, never knock an-others choice in customizing that's just plain bad manners, i bet half of you couldn't change yer own oil, let alone build a ground up custom, any man with the ***** to walk up to my ride an criticize better be prepared to look up at me from the ground
Hell most of the guys I know with the "custom" bikes don't know how to change their own oil either. Dude lives down the road from me has one of the bikes that are the subject of this thread and everything on it, (and there is a lot on it) was done by someone else in a shop. Bolt on on a bunch of **** or a fancy paint job don't make a custom IMO. Custom's are unique, not cookie cutter barbie dolls.

Winter is coming and you probably need to get a lil thicker skin or ya might get cold.

Old 10-11-2013 | 07:37 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blueneck
Yer funny kid. Talk a big game too. Chill. Its the internet, not real life.

Quick Reply: Not a fan of the big wheel look but...