General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXRG warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:45 AM
MJK
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FXRG warranty

For those of you guys/gals that have the FXRG leather jacket, what does the warranty entail? I have since thrown out the tag from it. My zipper pull busted, not a big deal, but if it is under warranty they can fix it.
I went to the MoCo website but all it says is 5 year warranty, it doesn't go into detail.
Thanks

Old 03-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: FXRG warranty

MJK,

It's 5 years if purchased from an authorized HD dealer in the U.S. "If you believe this garment has a factory defect in materials or workmanship, return this garment to your authorized HD dealer with original purchase receipt. At the dealer's and HD's discretion, this garment will be repaired or replaced, at no cost to you, or a credit will be issued to you for the amount paid by the original retail buyer for this garment."

The limited warranty excludes from coverage "changes to the physical appearance or color of the leather or nylon, rips, scratches, tears, cracks, wrinkles, or other damage caused by normal wear and tear, accident, abuse or improper care or cleaning."

This is from the limited warranty tagthat was attached to my FXRG leather jacket.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

I just bought one for my wife. The tag says:

LIMITED WARRANTY
When you purchase this Harley-Davidson leather FXRG garment (jacket or pant) within the USA, it is warranted to be free from factory defects in materials and workmanship for a period up to five (5) years from the date of purchase by the original retail buyers. Should a warranty claim arise, return the garment to your dealer for inspection with original receipt and warranty card. The dealer will have it forwarded to the Harley-Davison FWRG repair station listed below, for repair, at no charge to you. If we determine the garment cannot be repaired, we will arrange, at no additional cost to you, a replacement garment. Please allow 4-6 weeks. THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THOSE OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL HARLEY-DAVIDSON BE LIABLE FOR COSTS OR EXPENSES DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE HARLEY-DAVIDSON NYLON OR LEATHER GARMENTS,OR FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER EXCEPT FOR THE OBLIGATION TO REPAIR OR REPLACE GOODS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO FIVE (5) YEARS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE. This warranty sets forth in full the complete liability and obligations of Harley-Davidson, Inc. in respect to breach of warranty. This limited five (5) years warranty, does not cover damages caused by any changes to the physical appearance of the leather or nylon, or rips, scratches, tears, cracksand wrinkles from abnormal wear and tear. It also does not cover damage by accident or abuse caused by improper cleaning or care. This warranty specifically excludes all garments manufactured and distributed by Harley-Davidson, Inc., not bearing the FXRG label. Harley-Davidson, Inc. shall not be liable for any damages or injury to persons or property which occurs while wearing a Harley-Davidson garment.

FXRG WARRANTY REPAIR STATION:15602 Mosher Avenue, Tustin, California 92780-6427 1(800)335-5259
-------------------------------------------------------------

Thats what the label on her coat has printed on it. Hope this helps...

Old 03-10-2007, 01:05 PM
jr_c6
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The zipper pull on mine also broke. I stopped by the Harley store and they gave me 2 - no questions asked. I bought mine used off Ebay.

I like my Harley store!

Old 03-10-2007, 02:42 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

I bought a cool one off ebay that is a 100 yr anniversary type. pretty cool, so I put it on the inner flap zipper.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:46 PM
MJK
Outstanding HDF Member

How is the leather looking on the cuffs and elbowsof your guys jackets. Mine is losing its color.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:32 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Mine is in great shape, no discoloring at all

Old 03-11-2007, 01:38 AM
madcitycustom
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No discoloring on mine, but I lay on the leather conditioner pretty good. I was specifically told by the dealer that the warranty covers zippers.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Jambo
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

broken zippers and discoloration,well worth the 600 bucks,huh? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 03-11-2007, 01:46 PM
MJK
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Jambo

broken zippers and discoloration,well worth the 600 bucks,huh? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I didn't even payhalf that

Quick Reply: FXRG warranty