General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have or seen an Aeroshield Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Ultra90Harley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have or seen an Aeroshield Trailer

I do not want to start a new general thread about enclosed trailers but looking for some feedback on Aeroshield trailers http://aeroshieldtrailer.com/. I am looking for a small enclosed trailer for a single bike and this thing only weights in at 840lbs. I do not see used ones anywhere. Are these things so new on the market that nobody has them or are they so happy with them that they are not letting loose of them? Anyone have one or seen them at a show? Found one posting praising it but not sure if a real owner or a dealer. I like the idea of a clam shell top but worried about durability.

Last edited by Ultra90Harley; 10-08-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've seen a couple of these, and both of the folks pulling them had good things to say about them.

With the number of used 12-16 ft enclosed trailers on the market right now, you can probably find a deal on a trailer that would have some other uses as well.

Peace!

Old 10-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Ultra90Harley
Intermediate

I know it would be less expensive to buy a normal cargo trailer, but I already have a larger enclosed trailer that is a dual purpose. Thinking more of a smaller more manageable size trailer. These things look pretty slick and can be pulled by almost any size vehicle which was another plus.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:57 PM
01fxdxt
Stellar HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

I have the older version of this trailer for my snowmobile.I pull it with a small 4 cyl. pick-up.It being relatively light and aerodynamic,you hardly feel it is there.I have thought about putting a chock in it for bikes but I just load them in my bed.They are durable as a porta potty I would guess.the one you have pictured is a bit fancier than mine,mine is mounted on a standard steel flat trailer.
Do a search on "all of Craigslist,there are a few out there used.

Last edited by 01fxdxt; 10-08-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

There's a variety of these small lightweights on the internet, but several have old pages - they've been out of business for a while. The one I'm most interested in is an Ironhorse - here's their website:
http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/

Also have a facebook page with occasional used ones:
https://www.facebook.com/IronhorseMotorcycleTrailers

I'd sure like to have something that would get my bike clear of the salt regions and squirrel proof storage in winter, but don't have a vehicle to pull one of the big steel and fiberboard/plywood trailers.

They sure are expensive, though.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Ultra90Harley
Intermediate

Aeroshield trailers is still in business and like 01fdxt stated, owners seem to be happy with it. At least the few postings that I have found are all positive. Thanks for the feedback and will probably order one. Once I get it, I will post at least my opinion on it. Main use will be to get my bike through the snow and salt to somewhere we can enjoy it this winter. Figure I have more than the cost of the trailer in chrome.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Ultra90Harley
Intermediate

Well I picked up my new Aeroshield Trailer. Since I only live a few hundred miles from the factory, I picked it up locally and saved shipping. When I left the dealer, I thought about taking back roads home since it was brand new. But then figured what the heck, it might as well fail now so jumped right on the Turnpike. Now it is empty of course, but it pulled straight and true at 75 mph. Although it is less than 700 lbs, it did not appear to bounce around at all and could hardly tell it was back there. Unfortunately the plant did not offer the decals pictured on their sight to help dress it up, so pretty plain. Aside from the decals, which I can order off of eBay, there are a couple of mechanical/electrical items I plan on doing. Taillights and side lights are at a minimum so will add some additional lighting for safety. The other item I would like to have is electric brakes. The factory does not offer them and I suppose that they are not required since pulling less than 2000 lbs even with the bike loaded, but it would have been nice if they offered them as an option. The axles already have the backing plate to bolt the brakes onto the axles so for a couple of hundred dollars and a few hours work, it will be well worth it. Figure I will wire the brakes at the same time I am adding the lights. Some may say the trailer is priced high compared to a cargo trailer but it will fit in my normal height garage and can be moved around easily. It weights in at less than my Ultra, so I figure I will save quite a bit on fuel when pulling it since it seems pretty sleek as far as wind resistance. My cargo trailer is a 14 foot V nose tandem axle so there is some serious weight difference. Plan on adding the striping and decals over the next month and will post a picture when I am done with it. Plan on a 4000 mile trip this winter and will update the post after the trip.

Last edited by Ultra90Harley; 11-02-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:32 PM
1hogbikerdude
Stage II
Default aeroshield trailer

Originally Posted by Ultra90Harley
I do not want to start a new general thread about enclosed trailers but looking for some feedback on Aeroshield trailers http://aeroshieldtrailer.com/. I am looking for a small enclosed trailer for a single bike and this thing only weights in at 840lbs. I do not see used ones anywhere. Are these things so new on the market that nobody has them or are they so happy with them that they are not letting loose of them? Anyone have one or seen them at a show? Found one posting praising it but not sure if a real owner or a dealer. I like the idea of a clam shell top but worried about durability.
Yes I own one.....its ****ing awesome I needed a lightweight trailer for my Jeep too Tow and this is the perfect solution.....I am actually in the market to sell it right now because I need a bigger trailer to haul my jeep and my motorcycle feel free to contact me you can come look at it my email address 1hogbiker@ gmail.com

Old 05-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Ultra90Harley
Intermediate

Just returned from my 4000 mile trip and wanted to update my information on the Aeroshield ToyHauler trailer. Overall it pulled well. Even with high cross winds, I could hardly tell it was back there. The automobile was an Acura MDX with a V6 and ran all day long at 80 MPH and very stable. I was a little concerned since I was used to a tandem axle trailer. On the way out, there was some pretty nasty heavy rain and high winds. The seals are not the greatest and did get some water inside. Nothing real major but the bike did get wet. No, not the first time the bike got wet, but thank goodness there was no salt on the roads. The other issue I encountered was that the hinge pin on the rear tailgate would work itself out. Had to stop every 150 miles to pound it back in. That was a hassle but thank goodness I noticed it before the tailgate fell off or something. It is just an aluminum rod that is approx 1/2". Called and emailed the factory sales/customer service and never received a call back so assume they could care less after they sold you a trailer. I think I have a couple of simple fixes for the hinge pin. Thank goodness no major issues with the trailer based on customer service. Overall the trailer pulled well but disappointed in some design issues that I think could be easily corrected. On a scale of 1 to 10: Trailer an 8. Customer service or warranty service a 1.

Last edited by Ultra90Harley; 05-07-2014 at 12:04 PM. Reason: wording
Old 05-14-2014, 08:00 AM
reg26
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've had one for 2 years now. Bought it when they were called toy carrier trailers. Picked up direct from factory and have not had the problems you mentioned. BUT one of the locks that hold the shell down has cracked in half. Just tried them yesterday and no response yet.

Quick Reply: Anyone have or seen an Aeroshield Trailer