General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your reaction to Brain dead Cagers

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 02:15 AM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Your reaction to Brain dead Cagers

We all have it happen. It happened to me today again!! Some brain dead cager, in a hury, doesn't look before starting to pull out and hopefully sees you just in the nick of time. How do you react? It has become second nature for me to cause as much of a seen as possible. A lady pulled out in front of me a while back after stopping for a god 5 seconds and I did a sideways skid before regaining control. At the next stop light I pulled up beside her and gave her a piece of my mind till she was visibly shaken. When that isn't possible I usually point and shout before giving the bird, as I did today. Maybe next time they will pay more attention. How do you react?

Old 03-10-2007, 02:20 AM
themadscientist
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your reaction to Brain dead Cagers

I rarely get suprized by a, "cager'? never heard that term but I get it. I am first and foremost a car driver and think like them so when on the bike I am pretty good at anticipating a bonehead manouver. I did have a guy come out from a sidestreet one night when I was coming, extremely fast. I swerved around the car but manged to kick out his corner light on the way by.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:24 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I considser it part of the ride, I guesss,,,
I was able to ****** flys out of the air at a very young age,
so I guess it dont bother me much,
it does allow me to let the pressure valve blow once in a while,,,
cause if I feel like it,, I'll let them have both barrels verbally!!

ever notice how good it feels when you lay into someone after a near miss
good tension relief

Old 03-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Katie
Elite HDF Member

People are more & more careless about Everyone, not just bikers. Guess they think the steel cage they have will protect them. Or modern medicine will. Or their lawyer. No wait,, "Guess they think" was a little harsh, wasn't it?
I gotmessed upby a guy running a stopsign.. he 'didn't see it' & was 'simply in a hurry'. Since then, the heart has been in the mouth many times, from the same thing. Not just the same place, ( although that defies polite commentary!) People just Don't think.. or don't care.

So reagrdless where your *** is sitting, be careful!

Old 03-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain

Cagers, including us 'bikers', are just to much in a hurry these days. Lifestyles have accelerated and people just don't take the time to look, pay attention or give a damn anymore. As much as I love to ride my scoot, and am anticipating the upcoming riding season, I do so with some fear. I have been riding cycles since I've been 14, I'm now 58, so I have tons of experience and training but there are so many more four-wheelers, young drivers, cotton tops, and people talking on their cellphones out there now its almost like a battle zone when it comes to riding a scoot safely. I've added super bright headlights, LED taillights and air horns to my bike all in an effort to keep myself safe from the driver who 'didn't see me' and who is driving with their head firmly up their ***. Unfortunately there are just to many of these people out there in just to big a hurry...scary ain't it...[]

Old 03-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: themadscientist

I rarely get suprized by a, "cager'? never heard that term but I get it. I am first and foremost a car driver and think like them so when on the bike I am pretty good at anticipating a bonehead manouver. I did have a guy come out from a sidestreet one night when I was coming, extremely fast. I swerved around the car but manged to kick out his corner light on the way by.
Welcome to the forum.

You must be a new rider if you have never heard the term cager. And I think most of us are (or were) first and foremost car drivers.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:52 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

ORIGINAL: themadscientist

Welcome to the forum.

You must be a new rider if you have never heard the term cager. And I think most of us are (or were) first and foremost car drivers.
I don't think cause the guy never heard "cager" it makes him new. my old man is 77 and he still rides, he never heard it til I told him the other day. and shoot, he's been ridin his whole life. he just dosn't hang out in the rub groups and get into the lingo and chrome...he just rides.

as far as the "cagers" to me it's just part of the ride. I'm out there to have fun, and I'm not gonna get myself so spun up that it ruins my ride that day. I just expect everybody to pull out in front of me and then I'm good to go.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:55 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

as you pass them,,,,, put your left index finger on your left nostril,, turn your head to the right,,
Blow out your right nostril real hard, aiming at the open drivers window!!!!

Old 03-10-2007, 01:52 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

It isn't worth the hassle to me.The way people drive today with SOOOO many distractions,we would be pissed all the time.It isn't worth it to me.I do shake my head or whatever the mood.No more blood pressure spikes for me.Must be the booze!!

Old 03-10-2007, 02:46 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I verbally berate any I catch up to. And those that turn in front of me I try to follow (and have a discussion on why they think they can endanger me so they can gain a few seconds). Only once have I beat on their vehicle, and that was b/c they just weren't getting what was so wrong about them forcing me to lock up my brakes.

...I have to this point refrained from shooting them, so I consider my actions in line and justifiable.

Quick Reply: Your reaction to Brain dead Cagers