General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your reaction to Brain dead Cagers

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 05:42 PM
KenM
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your reaction to Brain dead Cagers

I"ve cursed them out on a rare occasion. The last time I had my daughter with me so I let the driver have it verbally. I usually chill and let it go - maybe just a simple bird.
I've toyed with the idea of mounting a kids baseball bat under the tour pak. This would remove a mirroe in short order.
If I didn't flip it in the process

Old 03-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: whaap

I expect it and it occasionally happens. I don't get up tight about it. It's part of the ride.
I agree with whaap and bay13. Nowdays, you have to expect that others are not paying 100% attention to their driving, there are kids, cell phones, radios, teenage drivers, senior drivers, and all sorts of other distractions. As a operator of any motor vehicle we as a driver or a automobile, street bike, bicycle or whatever means of transportation have to take responsibility ourselves and quit blaming others for our "close calls". Be on the defensive and expect that you will have to "react" to other drivers who may be pre-occupied and not paying 100% attention to driving - it's just the way it is. I look atriding my RKas a stress reliever and will not let someone else ruin my day or get me uptight, it would only mean that I was not in control. Just pay attention and expect that you are invisible to others and take precautions so that you aren't blaming brain dead cagers for close calls.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:30 PM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, If I give a guy an earfull, maybe even berate him to the point that it ruins his day, he will moer than likely pay more attention. So when the same idiot pulls up to a stop sign and remembers the *** chewing he got, he is not as likely to pull out in front of you. Which may save your life. How is that not taking responsibility?

Old 03-10-2007, 06:32 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

bullcrapp... break the antenna off and whip em with it!!!!

Old 03-10-2007, 07:18 PM
WRAITH
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not just cagers to watch out for.I drive a 5 ton truck for a living.Yesterday,I had a kid on a Honda,pull out in front of me.He hit the breaks hard,I almost put my truck in the ditch avoiding him.Wet roads,inexperience and late for an apointment almost killed him.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 PM
erockguide
Cruiser

A lady cut me off yesterday so I throttled around her and got in front of her at the upcoming red light. I saw she was turning left so I stopped way behind the car in front of me so then when she caught up, we would be side by side. Since there was no other traffic I put down the kickstand and waited for her to pull up. She would not pull up.

I just got back on the bike and left. She knew she screwed up.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:12 PM
camarotuner
Cruiser

Well my apperanceusually scares the hell out of the general public, so I just go with it. Ride up along the drivers side, give them a look of death, make one of those throat cutting motions or something equally as unnerving, rev the bike a few times, then just get going. It's extremely hilarious when they're stuck at the intersection and won't go until I'm FAR away.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:18 PM
themadscientist
Advanced

ORIGINAL: imboden

ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

ORIGINAL: themadscientist

I rarely get suprized by a, "cager'? never heard that term but I get it. I am first and foremost a car driver and think like them so when on the bike I am pretty good at anticipating a bonehead manouver. I did have a guy come out from a sidestreet one night when I was coming, extremely fast. I swerved around the car but manged to kick out his corner light on the way by.
Welcome to the forum.

You must be a new rider if you have never heard the term cager. And I think most of us are (or were) first and foremost car drivers.
I don't think cause the guy never heard "cager" it makes him new. my old man is 77 and he still rides, he never heard it til I told him the other day. and shoot, he's been ridin his whole life. he just dosn't hang out in the rub groups and get into the lingo and chrome...he just rides.

as far as the "cagers" to me it's just part of the ride. I'm out there to have fun, and I'm not gonna get myself so spun up that it ruins my ride that day. I just expect everybody to pull out in front of me and then I'm good to go.
I've been riding off-and-on for about 8 years. I ride alone as a result I don't hear rider lingo that much. Where I am at though the most dangerous element on the street are actually other bikers, scooters and young bulletproof guys on Gixxers and R1s. I don't think I think like them so they always suprize me where car drivers do not. I find that if I ask "what's the dumbest thing this guy can do right now" I get my answer almost immediately. No slam on sportbikes, I love riding them but some of the guys out there are nuts and I am highly competitive and not the type to get scared so before I know it I wind up in the middle of a corner passing a car on the shoulder inches away from some other fools tire and think "what the hell am I doing"? I had to stop that before I became a stain on a pole. the only way I could keep myself in check was not ride with others.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:57 PM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever it takes man. Just be safe.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:34 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bonnie john