General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Anyone Miss the F-150 Harley-Davidson Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 05:45 AM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No, but if I had the bucks I'd get me that Raptor.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:00 AM
limeyhusker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by EnglishAdam
Thanks

You might fit a Monkey Bike or Moped in the back as it's only a 5 1/2' bed but that's about it.
I've seen people do it with the back wheel on the tailgate left down but I wouldn't trust that at all.

Woooaaaa....you own that truck in jolly old blighty? You must own a North sea oil platform!!!!:i con_bowrofl:

Old 10-06-2013, 08:24 AM
limeyhusker
Advanced

Don't have a dog on this fight. I own a Ford and a GMC. The only reason I do not own a Dodge is because my wife did not like/trust Iaccoca...LOL....(errr.....but that bit is serious)

However...it does amuse me a little bit. When you think of all the threads on here about issues we have with our Harleys....you could insert Harley into any of the brand hater posts on here and they would still sound realistic. Why don't we all by Hondas instead of those POS Harleys that keep breaking down???

Bottom line is reliability and performance have very little to do with what we choose to drive. Aesthetics and what our Dad drove are far more influential.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:32 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I never saw the purpose in that. You could probably put a hefty down payment on a bike for what that option costs. It looks nice, just seems tacky. I picture a highway cowboy whose wife won't let him get the real thing.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:42 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm a car guy not a truck guy do to the fact that my company provides me with a Ford 150 van. If I needed a pickup I just would get a crew cab 4 wheel drive with the cheapest option package as long as it had power windows and doors and a/c which they all seem to have. To dump 45 and 50 grand on a truck just don't make sense to me. I see guys running duelies all chromed up never seeing a job site and it makes me wonder. I guess to each his own. Now give me a hot car and I'm all for it.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 AM
dhweber1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rotti
With three excellent brands of trucks, Chevy, GMC and Ram why would anybody in their right mind consider a turd.

Remember the turd diesels? (anything that starts with 6) I do!
The 7.3 was the last good one.
Hmmm. The Obama Administration and the Fiat people thank you for promoting their products. Personally, I prefer independent auto manufacturers which Ford seems to be the last one on the planet.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:52 AM
SJ58
Road Warrior

Yep. Miss the Lighning too.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:11 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Never understood why when they offered the HD edition it didn't come in all the colors that Harley had for that year. I know some of you would like your bike to match your truck.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:31 PM
The Biscuit
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rotti
With three excellent brands of trucks, Chevy, GMC and Ram why would anybody in their right mind consider a turd.

Remember the turd diesels? (anything that starts with 6) I do!
The 7.3 was the last good one.
a unproven trans and diesel issues in recent years,so I went with a Chevy after owning fords forever... for my money I got a great Allison trans and a solid proven diesel. best truck Ive ever owned.. I will agree ford has a great inside cab/driver area. the 1 ton dodge is nice but made more in mexico then the other two.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:49 PM
EnglishAdam
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by limeyhusker
Woooaaaa....you own that truck in jolly old blighty? You must own a North sea oil platform!!!!:i con_bowrofl:
No, but I used to work on them.

There's quite a few Lightnings & HD's over here.

Quick shot of some of my club mates at one of our track get togethers.

Funnily enough, we don't have many Chevys or Dodges racing. Just not fast enough

Gas is only the equivalent of $7:50 in the UK so not too bad

Quick Reply: Will Anyone Miss the F-150 Harley-Davidson Edition?