General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freakin Bird in a Cage!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Dinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freakin Bird in a Cage!

So I work in Beverly Hills....

I'm in a building that overlooks La Cienega Blvd, for anyone that's not familiar it's the famous Beverly Hills Restaurant Row. It also connects to Sunset Blvd. and if you take Sunset west it hooks up with Pacific Coast Highway and up the coast. If you take it East, you'll end up in Hollywood!

I've been working here for 6 years andevery dayI'm hearing the Hogspass by at least one per every 5 minutes. Even more when it's above 70 degrees. This week it's been warm and the weekend forecast is 80 degrees continuing through the week.

I can understand how a bird feels locked up in a cage.Now that I've got my bike, I'm hating life hearing all the bikers passing by while I'm stuck at my desk.

Enjoy your weekend!

Old 03-09-2007, 07:09 PM
nmepage
Cruiser
Default RE: Freakin Bird in a Cage!

I can beat that.

I live on a country road, as you come out of town you travel 5 miles and take a real sharp right hand turn, then it's 1 mile for a real sharp left hand turn, then three miles for a real sharp right turn, then 1 mile for a sharp left (I live here) and 1 mile for a sharp right and on mile for a sharp left then 6 miles and a sharp right 1 mile and a sharp left then two miles to an intersection. There has been a steady, and I mean steady stream of bikes going past my front door, some of them honking their horns knowing I live here. The NT is in the garage gased and ready to go, the weather is perfect, I took the day off. I'm as sick as a dog. I tried, I fired her up about 11:00 pulled out in to the driveway, and as soon as I got to the end of the driveway and looked both ways, I got so damn dizzy. I put the bike up and here is sit.[:@]

Old 03-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: nmepage

I can beat that.

I live on a country road, as you come out of town you travel 5 miles and take a real sharp right hand turn, then it's 1 mile for a real sharp left hand turn, then three miles for a real sharp right turn, then 1 mile for a sharp left (I live here) and 1 mile for a sharp right and on mile for a sharp left then 6 miles and a sharp right 1 mile and a sharp left then two miles to an intersection. There has been a steady, and I mean steady stream of bikes going past my front door, some of them honking their horns knowing I live here. The NT is in the garage gased and ready to go, the weather is perfect, I took the day off. I'm as sick as a dog. I tried, I fired her up about 11:00 pulled out in to the driveway, and as soon as I got to the end of the driveway and looked both ways, I got so damn dizzy. I put the bike up and here is sit.[:@]
DUde.........I am so sorry. Truly.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:15 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can beat that!

I am in my garage re-installing the front wheel that I removed last month to have a new tire installed by the local dealer!!!! Just got around to finding the time to do the re-install.

Bikes motoring by outside all afternoon, it is 58 degrees at 4:00PM!!

Old 03-09-2007, 07:26 PM
skipit
Ultimate HDF Member

I know how ya feel... I'm sittin at my desk chuggin Dayquil

Old 03-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,477 Likes on 4,375 Posts

Know how it is, too. My window looks straight up the airport hill here to some scenic loops, and the bikes all hump pretty good due to the steep, long climb and I hearthem all the way up.

I'll be on the phone talking to a non-rider and the sound comes in and through the phone, and the other person will ask, "What the hell is that?" And the answer is: "A piece of Heaven."