General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPS 'Bait' Bikes Used To Nab Thieves At Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 05:03 AM
marcus84
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GPS 'Bait' Bikes Used To Nab Thieves At Daytona

I've actually been thinking a lot about this lately. If I had a gun and caught someone in my garage I wouldn't shoot them unless they came at me. Since my garage doesn't lead into the house I'd figure they're only there to take something. But if someone was to walk into my home then I don't think I'd hesitate to shoot them if it means protecting myself and my family.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:02 AM
bigtop1
Road Master

A very controversial subject. Wrongs are right. Rights are wrong. I feel that if you keep a gun, your chances for bodily harm to someone else are increased greatly. I truly believe however, that if we are faced with this decision, you will act on instinct. What that leads to is entirely what you have inside of you.I work hard for what I have, I don't appreciate what I have being taken by some creep because he or, she dosen't want to do the same. But, would I kill? Lets hope that we are not put into that position. Anticipation or planning this happening to you? Probably more paranoia but, at least that concept or thought might keep you aware to helpavoid most situations.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Teachu2

I have no use for theives, either, but I'm not willing to kill someone over a motorcycle - even a Harley......
Some of you guys sound like you'd shoot a neighbor kid for swiping an apple off your tree.
Wouldn't shoot him for stealing FOOD. But if he jumped on my bike...I would give him a dirt nap.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:28 PM
PWHOG
Road Master

You are lucky to be able to even purchase a weapon (Gun) to try and stop some one stealing or threatening you. You can't even defend yourself in the UK with out the low life screaming that his civil liberties have been infinged because you kicked him in the ***** when he pulled a knife on you. You are most likley to be arrested, your finger prints, photo & DNA taken and banged up into a cell waiting to be prosecuted all because of the Liberal tree huggers who are campaining for human rights.

If we could carry a fire arm in the UK I would certainly carry one and would not hesitate to use it to protect myself, my Family and my property. Any scum bag who threatens any of these should not have any rights whatsoever and should suffer the consequences.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:34 AM
surv1
Road Warrior

Mississippi's "Castle Doctrine" law states :
SB 2426 states that if a criminal breaks into your home or property, your occupied vehicle or your place of business, you may presume he is there to do bodily harm and may therefore use any force necessary against him.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 AM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain

Here is my story: One dark night a crazy manbroke in on a husband and wife that lived near me. He tied herand her husband up, and whispered in the husbands ears, "I'm gonna rape her, then I'm gonna rape you". Well, you can imagine how that sat. A fight started, house was trashed, bullets were fired (this is how I know...my husband at the time had to repair the tub with the hole in it)...anyway long story short.. the intruder was brought down, carted away by the locals, and swore when he got out he would come back and kill them both. Now they live in fear for their lives. Not saying killing someone is right....but sometimes it can save the taxpayers a lot of money. And yes, if someone broke in on me, lets see there are about 4 loaded guns I could get to...and yes I would use one. And no I wouldn't stop to ask the intruder if they intended to harm me. DUH!!!! What do you think they would say?

Old 03-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Tin Gizel
Road Warrior

Not so much for bike stealing, but in regards to self defense, I always heard the term: "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"

Old 03-13-2007, 12:12 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: UltraPassenger

Here is my story: One dark night a crazy manbroke in on a husband and wife that lived near me. He tied herand her husband up, and whispered in the husbands ears, "I'm gonna rape her, then I'm gonna rape you". Well, you can imagine how that sat. A fight started, house was trashed, bullets were fired (this is how I know...my husband at the time had to repair the tub with the hole in it)...anyway long story short.. the intruder was brought down, carted away by the locals, and swore when he got out he would come back and kill them both. Now they live in fear for their lives. Not saying killing someone is right....but sometimes it can save the taxpayers a lot of money. And yes, if someone broke in on me, lets see there are about 4 loaded guns I could get to...and yes I would use one. And no I wouldn't stop to ask the intruder if they intended to harm me. DUH!!!! What do you think they would say?
Absolutely - and he needs more firearm training so he kills the sucker. Whole different thing than theft.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:49 AM
Pops
Road Captain

My wife said I had issues when I killed a dog for raping my new puppy....Exactly what do you think I would do to someone that broke into my house, garage, hen house or even sat on my bike.........