General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andrews Federal Credit Union issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:06 PM
zx9machine
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andrews Federal Credit Union issues

Had anyone have issues with these people charging crazy fees on your loan? These guys charged my wife for some insurance because "we didn't insured the bike" Our insurance company have records of sending them the documents and they been mailing everything to a different address than the one on the account files. The dealer wouldn't let us touch the bike without proof of insurance. Today we owe them more than what we paid for the bike 9 months ago Are they Fing serious?? WTF????

Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 PM
MikeDCop
Tourer

Originally Posted by zx9machine
Had anyone have issues with these people charging crazy fees on your loan? These guys charged my wife for some insurance because "we didn't insured the bike" Our insurance company have records of sending them the documents and they been mailing everything to a different address than the one on the account files. The dealer wouldn't let us touch the bike without proof of insurance. Today we owe them more than what we paid for the bike 9 months ago Are they Fing serious?? WTF????
Get copies of your insurance showing that you have insurance in place prior to them putting "force placed" insurance on your note. They should refund/correct the issue. If they don't, then you need to contact the NCUA (National Credit Union Association) and file a complaint.

"Forced Placed" insurance is to cover the assets of the credit union if you don't insure their (yes it's theirs until you pay it off) property.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:35 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Years ago I financed thru AFCU. Their Customer Service SUCKED! I did get a really good rate but not worth it in the end. Last time I financed went thru USAA, pleasure to deal with.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Big L
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 162 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by AtkRWC
Years ago I financed thru AFCU. Their Customer Service SUCKED! I did get a really good rate but not worth it in the end. Last time I financed went thru USAA, pleasure to deal with.
X2 for the service, after paying off our truck took them 2.5 months to get the title to me. Thought it was just a fluke and financed the 1st Bike with them down in Bosnia and the same thing took 2 months to get that title. Called both times and they said that it was in the mail. Now USAA owns all my crap house, truck and insurance.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM
zx9machine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AtkRWC

Yeaph thats the route we are going. The customer service was not too friendly or helpfull. I asked twice for help and then cut my wife loose on them.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:48 PM
zx9machine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Big L
X2 for the service, after paying off our truck took them 2.5 months to get the title to me. Thought it was just a fluke and financed the 1st Bike with them down in Bosnia and the same thing took 2 months to get that title. Called both times and they said that it was in the mail. Now USAA owns all my crap house, truck and insurance.

I tell you. Sometimes you pay for what you get. They did gave us a way better interest than even USAA but I should just had stay with them and move on. I dont think the savings we got are worth the aggravation. I sure know who not to deal with in the future.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:52 PM
zx9machine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MikeDCop
Get copies of your insurance showing that you have insurance in place prior to them putting "force placed" insurance on your note. They should refund/correct the issue. If they don't, then you need to contact the NCUA (National Credit Union Association) and file a complaint.

"Forced Placed" insurance is to cover the assets of the credit union if you don't insure their (yes it's theirs until you pay it off) property.

I had a similar experience when we bought our home but we cought it almost instantly because we got statements and so. With this guys I didnt get anything regarding to this issue. I got other letters telling me to set up accounts and Credit Union updates but nothing that lead me to believe there was any issues. These guys charged us 60 dollars a month for 6 months and then a 3500 buks charge a few months back. We seriously owe more on the bike today than what we paid for. I am sure it will get fixed but damn they deal with lots of service men and woman, veterans and families to be making these mistakes. Off course if it is a mistake and not just scamming people.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:27 PM
HeHateMe
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

They have been good to me. Actually really easy to deal with. I sent in my proof of insurance and it was handled. They will refund you any money they owe you, so it shouldnt be too big a problem I hope. All the credit unions where I am at do the same thing with car loans.