Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw Billy Lane at Daytona yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:03 PM
bonzo2
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Saw Billy Lane at Daytona yesterday

What some of you guys are missing is that the Diamler Chrysler lawyers are taking care of Billy's case. They gave him the truck he was driving with out doing the standard $1 lease which transfers liability to the lessee. Diamler owns the vehicle and is being sued in the civil case as we speak. That's why the judge is allowing the civil suit before the criminal case. Right now Billy's pockets are as deep as Diamler Chryslers pockets!!

Old 03-10-2007, 03:08 PM
cdale976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the guy is definitly talented. i like his work but he has tested the system to many times. Yeah we all F+++ up but he needs to wake up.....maybe he'll come out of the cubicle with more imagination.......
good luck Billy

Old 03-10-2007, 06:03 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I think they should let him go.....living with what happened is punishment enough. Billy is a good guy.

Joe
[&:]

Old 03-10-2007, 07:30 PM
WRAITH
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Billy has had a serious drinking problem for a long time.When ever you see him on tv,there's a bottle close by.He crossed the line when he took a life.The punishment should be sever.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:50 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: traveler

I think they should let him go.....living with what happened is punishment enough. Billy is a good guy.

Joe
Joe,

With all due respect, I have to ask if you are mentally handicapped. Letting Billy go will not make our streets any safer. Sure Billy may be a good guy and may have already learned from his mistake. What about the other people who don't care about anyone else and are not drinking and driving simply because they don't wanna go to prison.

There's more the this case, than Just Billy and the Morelocks.

Mike

Old 03-11-2007, 12:58 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

Joe
Joe,

With all due respect, I have to ask if you are mentally handicapped. Letting Billy go will not make our streets any safer. Sure Billy may be a good guy and may have already learned from his mistake. What about the other people who don't care about anyone else and are not drinking and driving simply because they don't wanna go to prison.

Mike
Well, I'm glad to didn't resort to personal attacks against me because you don't agree....

Joe

Old 03-11-2007, 01:15 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

Joe
Joe,

Mike
Well, I'm glad to didn't resort to personal attacks against me because you don't agree....

Joe
It's simple logic, Joe. Laws are meant to punish. We punish to deter people from breaking the laws. This is all done to protect the innocent from those that either desire to do them harm or harm them by negligence.

Letting Billy go because "he's suffered enough" is just plain not smart. I don't know how else to put it. Call it a personal attack if you like, but you're delulsional if you think that letting Billy go because "he's suffered enough" is the right thing to do.

I tell you what Joe, let's let him go. Afterall, he is a good guy and he's suffered enough. And then when one of his friends, acquaintances, or fans does the same thing because there are no real consequences outside of feeling bad, you can tell that victim's loved ones that you thought it was a good idea to start letting people off the hook for this type of crime. Afterall, they did suffer enough when they realize they took a life.

Sorry, Joe. But for some people that's not a harsh enough consequence.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:36 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

If we all subscribed to the philosophy of 'letting people go' due to the pain and personal anguish we thinkthey've suffered solely as a result of the incident(s) in question, we would cease in being a civilized society. One which isgoverned by laws designed for the protection, prosecution, and ultimate incarceration of those citizens whose actions (either by design or through their own personalnegligence) reside outside the confines of the laws as they are presently written. In my opinion, 'letting him go' would only serve to strike yet another damaging blow to a judicial system whose faith and confidence - in the eyes of John Q. Public - has seen better days. 'Letting him go' would be so wrong on so many levels. Just my take.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:54 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

Damn, I like you!

Old 03-11-2007, 04:28 AM
Chief279
Intermediate

Joe
Joe,

Do you know Billy on a personal level? How well do you know him that you know he is punished by, perhaps, feelings of guilt and remorse living with it. And what do you know about Billy's drinking (and driving) habits? Or doyou think "he's a good guy" because you saw him on TV? Please share some of the "good guy" insight you must have from your close personal relationship with Billy.

Ever lost a loved one killed by a drunk driver? I wonder, if you had, whether your opinion of the drunk driver would be "he's a good guy".

Just curious because youropinionalmost makes one think of the mental handicap thing dynamike74 had mentioned. I know, life can be harsh and your actions can have consequences at times. Get used to idea.

Bily needs some jail time IMO...even if he is a "good guy"...

Quick Reply: Saw Billy Lane at Daytona yesterday