General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw Billy Lane at Daytona yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:01 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Saw Billy Lane at Daytona yesterday

Well after reading this thread so far, one man likes his lifestyle. I ask hiss style in drinking, driving without a permit, lifestyle for respect for the law,lifestyle of multible dui arrest or maybe because he is so very well known we should give him a break. For a true and unbaised answer just ask your wife, S/O or mother if a drunk driver ran you over and killed you if he was famous would it be ok with them? But if I had been drinking and we all know 2 wrong make a right then if someone famous killed me it would be alright,would it not?

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:01 PM
85FXWG
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Is it possible you can get past drug usage data from hair? (Yes you can).....Maybe he was doing drugs at the time? I'm not saying he was, I'm just saying it might be a possibility. Or maybe he wants to forget the past and cutting the hair left something behind...Brittney Spears did it.[/align]

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:10 PM
thebestofindica
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Lil Truckr

Sorry guys, I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He made the decision to drive without a license and totally f*ucked up on alcohol when he killed that guy. He does not deserve one bit of sympathy or support. The family of the guy he murdered does, and only this guys family...

Bingo. This guy was a good bike builder with a lot of talent, but that doesn't change the fact that he murdered a guy, plain and simple.

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:15 PM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain

In my career I have just seen way to much pain and suffering caused by drunk drivers for me to feel any sympathy for Billy or anyone else in this situation. I'm sure the other cops who read this thread know what I'm talking about. The fact is Billy CHOSE to drive without a DL and to drive with a blood alcohol almost three times over the legal limit then is permissible. I'm not saying I'm perfect, and haven't crossed this line a time or two in my lifetime, I'm just saying, coming from my professional background I can no longer feel sorry for someone who drinks and drives and then gets involved in these kinds of tragic situations.

In my local paper today there is a story about a dirt-bag who justgot caught driving drunk for his 8th time. He just got out of prison where he spent 3-1/2 years for his sixth offense,and he hasn't even been to court for his 7th, and he got caught again. These kinds of people don't give arip about you, your family or our society in generaland you know they don't have insurance or any othermeans to pay up if they hit, hurt or kill you while they are driving drunk. Sorry, I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for him. He made his choice, now he has to pay for it...

Tell me, if your father, sonor brother was the guy Billy hit and killed, would you be as sympathic towards him then? I wonder!

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:31 PM
chester1957
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: thebestofindica

Sorry guys, I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He made the decision to drive without a license and totally f*ucked up on alcohol when he killed that guy. He does not deserve one bit of sympathy or support. The family of the guy he murdered does, and only this guys family...
Bingo. This guy was a good bike builder with a lot of talent, but that doesn't change the fact that he murdered a guy, plain and simple.
I would think "murder" is a little over the top. With Billy's previous history, I would think he deserves to be taught a lesson, a little hard time to think of his deeds would seem appropriate.

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:33 PM
Alias
Road Master

ORIGINAL: thebestofindica

Call it what you want if it makes you feel better, but murder it was not. Not by legal definition, not by any definition, it was an accident. Should Billy Lane pay for it? Yes, most definitely he should pay. Did the other guy being drunk add to the accident? I'm sure it didn't help.The judge or jurywill find out.

As far as him driving without a permit goes, that case was dismissed.

I don't know Billy Lane, and will more then likely never will meet him but yeah, I do feel bad for him, he'll have to live with the fact that he is responsible for taking the life of another person and that can be hard to live with.

Do I feel bad for the man that died, yes, and for his family. But before we start yelling about preferential treatment, lets at lest see what happens in court. Then we may have something to talk about. Then again, maybe not.

By the way, you cut your hair and wear your Sunday best out of respect for the judge and jury, those are the last people in the world you want to disrespect.

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:35 PM
Jumpman
Road Warrior

Tell me, if your father, sonor brother was the guy Billy hit and killed, would you be as sympathic towards him then? I wonder!
I will not try to assume what others are implying in their posts, but I think that sympathy may be the wrong word.

I think I have some measure of sympathy for Billy L, but I have more for the family of the person that died in the accident...The person who died (I would guess) will be missed by his friends and family...Lane, on the other hand, will now have to live with the result of his actions for the rest of his life...Now, don't argue that 'He at least has his life to live', because I understand that...

To respond to your 'quote' from above...What if it were your father, son or brother that did what lane did? Would you be as quick to say "Now you gotta pay..." ?

Not trying to argue here, just saying that there are two sides to every story - and then there is the truth....

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:41 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 85FXWG

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

That's the word on the street. Did you get a chance to get any pictures of him with his new do?
Is that picture owned by you? Please PM me. I would like to use it.

Mike

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:47 PM
85FXWG
|
Outstanding HDF Member

That pic is from www.bikernet.com

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:50 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Alias

As far as him driving without a permit goes, that case was dismissed.
He was cleared of driving under the influence in NC ( http://www.brainbucketmagazine.com/N...e/sid=628.html ). However, he is still being charged with driving on a suspended lincense as part of the criminal DUI manslaughter case.

Quick Reply: Saw Billy Lane at Daytona yesterday