General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panama City?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 12:11 PM
CalypsoNotch93
Road Master
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Panama City?

Never been to Panama city. Going for the Thunder Beach rally in a couple of weeks. What are the "must do" things while i'm there? I'm looking for good places to ride, cool places to check out, the good bars, good seafood, etc. etc.

Have no idea what it's going to be like so just looking for tips and recommendations

Thanks

Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 52,713 Likes on 18,474 Posts

Subscribed. I have only been in Pensacola, Fl for 2 years and am going to this for the 1st time. I have been to Bike Week and Biketoberfest many times when I lived in Central FL.

Here is a link to events.
http://www.thunderbeachproductions.com/

Here is the one I want to see the most :
http://www.boardwalkbeachresort.com/paintnbodycontest/

I am staying at the Sandpiper which alows "painted women" to party at their bar on the beach!

Last edited by Walter White; 09-19-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:32 PM
larry bart
Road Master
Received 291 Likes on 113 Posts

Dustys on Front Beach Road for lunch and Captain Anderson's for dinner Panama City Beach area

Old 09-19-2013, 12:52 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a nice ride head west and stick to the beach on 30A and again towards Watercolor and Grayton Beach. Nice scenery along that route. Once you get closer to Destin hit Scenic Gulf Drive. On the way back we usually swing north and hit up the Outpost for a little while. Another ride we take sometimes(it's a longer ride) is to the East on 98 and go all the way to Apalachicola or St. George Island.

In PCB the places you have to check out are Ms. Newby's on the east end or the Salty Goat for people watching and beer drinking, Pineapple *****'s and the Wicked Wheel have good eats and cold beer. Get a hold of a schedule as soon as you get there from one of the merch tents and see what they have going on. If you like live music, there is something going on every night, and sometimes there are some really awesome bands. Have fun, I wish I was going.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:24 PM
popawcritter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I know you asked specifically about PCB area but for me anytime I am in the area I like to hit the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola. It would be 1.5-2 hr ride from there but I believe it is free admission and well worth the trip.Looks like these guys above got you covered on dinner/drinks suggestions.
http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/

Old 09-19-2013, 02:18 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

You'll love it. Reasonable prices for lodging, beer and food. Several venues with something for everyone. A nice ride through the country to the HD dealer in Dothan Alabama, or down the coast to Apalachicola for Oysters.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Smileman
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're looking for a nice place to stay I have a condo right on the beach. PM me if you're interested.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:59 PM
69z28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Panama City Beach and Thunder Beach is a great rally.PCB cops don't bother you like Daytona unless you act a fool like riding down the strip naked.Very biker friendly,lots to see and do. Sandpiper Beacon is a good place if you want party central and live bands but it's an old place thats been repainted a hundred times and some rooms have an old mouldy smell to them.Still it's party central.Be sure to go to the Wicked Wheel,great bar and grill.I went to the very first Thunder Beach and have only missed two since and will miss this one,I did go in the spring tho.I'd rather go there than Daytona,great palce.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:39 PM
02Deuces
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thunder Beach is nice because ALL of PCB is Biker Friendly...Isn't like a lot of Bike fest where you are quarantined off from the rest of the city.

My favorite rally bar none... I used to live an hour away and went to the Spring and Fall Rallies.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:43 PM
FloridaHarleyRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hunt's Oyster Bar in Panama City - over the bridge from PC Bch. Looks like a dump but it's the place the locals go for oysters and other great seafood. Cheap beer too.

Quick Reply: Panama City?