General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retired and now I get to ride!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007 | 03:00 PM
Philt
|
Road Master
Default Retired and now I get to ride!

Wel I got the official word the other day. I am officially retired. I have a lot of time on my hand now and I know how I plan on spending that time! My wife still works, but she is a schoolteacher so we have all summer to do some touring. My wife (on her own) and several friend are planning a Kentucky/Tennessee trip in the middle of June. We are planning a slow leisurely pace with no deadlines as far as mileage or destination. If we see something we like we will stop and check it out. Our plans are to do the backroads and the scenic routes eventually getting to the dragon and then slowly work our way back home. Now that I am retired, I will probably spend less time on this forum as I will be out riding. I'll miss the forum. Even though I don't post a lot, I read it all the time. But maybe I'll see some of you out there on the road. I hope you all where your HDForum patches. I have mine on so look for it! Hey Mikeeeeeeee maybe we finally get to take that ride!
Phil

Old 03-07-2007 | 03:14 PM
unclekunkle
Tourer
Default RE: Retired and now I get to ride!

ORIGINAL: Philt

Wel I got the official word the other day. I am officially retired. I have a lot of time on my hand now and I know how I plan on spending that time! My wife still works, but she is a schoolteacher so we have all summer to do some touring. My wife (on her own) and several friend are planning a Kentucky/Tennessee trip in the middle of June. We are planning a slow leisurely pace with no deadlines as far as mileage or destination. If we see something we like we will stop and check it out. Our plans are to do the backroads and the scenic routes eventually getting to the dragon and then slowly work our way back home. Now that I am retired, I will probably spend less time on this forum as I will be out riding. I'll miss the forum. Even though I don't post a lot, I read it all the time. But maybe I'll see some of you out there on the road. I hope you all where your HDForum patches. I have mine on so look for it! Hey Mikeeeeeeee maybe we finally get to take that ride!
Phil
Way to go Phil ... your time has come. It is sweet, I know, having retired last July. First thing I did was turn off the alarm clock...and that my friend is how you'll spend the rest of your life, with no real schedules to live by but your own chosen time frame... Happy Trails

Old 03-07-2007 | 03:17 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Huge Congratulations to you, Phil!

That is great!!! Enjoy!

It's coming up between 1 and 3 years for me.

Old 03-07-2007 | 03:21 PM
sjcope13
Tourer

Congrats Phil. 13 years to go...Will retire with 30 years Gov't. service. Hope itgoes by fast

Old 03-07-2007 | 05:11 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Congrats
and
Welcome toReal RUB Club................

Retired Unrestricted Biker

One word of caution:
When Rubbingit in.
Them workin stiff buddies get a bit testy when you callem at work and tell em your out riding. (But it's still fun to do)

Old 03-07-2007 | 05:14 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

Congratulations and welcome to my world

Old 03-07-2007 | 05:17 PM
marshal
Advanced

Phil, Congratulations on your retirement. I have 5 months left and my plan is also to do a lot more riding, especially long trips. That is why I am going from a Fatboy to an Ultra Classic. Take trips with no special date or time to be home. That will be after 36 years as a Firefighter, 36 years that seemed to fly by.
Enjoy your retirement

Old 03-07-2007 | 05:28 PM
Philt
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

Congrats
and
Welcome toReal RUB Club................

Retired Unrestricted Biker

One word of caution:
When Rubbingit in.
Them workin stiff buddies get a bit testy when you callem at work and tell em your out riding. (But it's still fun to do)

Love it! Yea I willl try to be sensitive to those that still have to work

Old 03-07-2007 | 05:30 PM
Philt
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: marshal

Phil, Congratulations on your retirement. I have 5 months left and my plan is also to do a lot more riding, especially long trips. That is why I am going from a Fatboy to an Ultra Classic. Take trips with no special date or time to be home. That will be after 36 years as a Firefighter, 36 years that seemed to fly by.
Enjoy your retirement
I am doing the same thing. I am going from a Heritage Springer to a Road King. Planning doing a lot more miles.
Phil

Old 03-07-2007 | 05:31 PM
jskelington
Road Captain

Congrats man....live long and prosper! Nice bike btw.

Quick Reply: Retired and now I get to ride!