General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Packing Heat 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:25 PM
badherb
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Packing Heat 2

I did not want to hyjack a thread so I thought I'd make my own thread in response to the Packing Heat thread. Many of the answers actually scare the hell outta me so here is my response and questions.

HOLY $HIT!
Are we in the 1800's? Are you thinking an ***** is going to jump out and get you? Why besides "I WANT TO" do you need to carry a weapon all the time? It makes zero sense. I'm sure some of you might live in questionable areas were crime and murder are rampent and your neighbor may have a gun pointed at you right now. Fact is I live in one of the worst Cities in Washington State. Drugs and muders and crime out that A$$, BUT to carry a weapon all the time means one of two things to me: 1.your going to use it, 2.you think its cool. Both scare the liven $hit outta me because: if you have seen someone in a panick try to shoot a gun, they never hit anything but what they are not shooting at --that includes LEO's. If you think its cool you are sorely mistaken when you shoot your foot trying to get it out of your holster -- TO me that would be COOL. I'm all for gun rights. I like to shoot bambi birds and elk, targets too. I'm a expert marksman according to the Military ribbon I got, but I have neverheard of one good reason to carry a weapon all the time.

If you're that scared in your neck of the woods, GET OUT! and if you have a complex that requires you to feel morepowerful than a granny carrying a purseGET HELP! -- now. I just don't get it. Put your machoness aside for a few mintues. Think about why you carry everyday. What are you going to do when said villian comes a cross your path, are you going to shoot? Murder one! Just cause you think you have just cause to shoot doesn't mean you ain't going to the pokie to be with 1000's homo's.
Is it worth it to have that gun and the chance of killing an innocent just because you're cooler than everyone else?

Seriously! If your reply to me is cause I can. becasue its my right, becasue the law says I can, or if your a LEO don't bother replying. I'm looking for well thought out answers that have justifiable means and ends. Get real! Life and death are serious issues, carrying a gun means two things in a voilent situation, you use the gun or it gets used against you.

Not making enemies just looking for answers.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:34 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Packing Heat 2

Sorry, man, but you don't have a clue. I'm glad that you don't carry a firearm. Please don't ever start.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:35 PM
heritageclassic07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason i carry is for business protection, i often have to carry and transport large amounts of cash to make deposits and such...I will be rideing my motorcycle to and from work alot so that is why i posted the other thread... The business i am in, itsis no secret that i have have lots of cash on hand so protection is nessasary

Old 03-07-2007, 02:38 PM
badherb
Road Captain

The reason i carry is for business protection, i often have to carry and transport large amounts of cash to make deposits and such...I will be rideing my motorcycle to and from work alot so that is why i posted the other thread... The business i am in, itsis no secret that i have have lots of cash on hand so protection is nessasary
this makes sense

Old 03-07-2007, 02:39 PM
badherb
Road Captain

Sorry, man, but you don't have a clue. I'm glad that you don't carry a firearm. Please don't ever start.
This is what I asked not to get posted as it does not give a definable answer.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

Because I have to remember hundreds of faces and the bad guys only have to remember 1.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"BUT to carry a weapon all the time means one of two things to me: 1.your going to use it, 2.you think its cool."

This statement makes it impossible for me to give you a rational answer, because your perception of guns and the right to own/carry them is as far from rational as one can get.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:56 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

If you look at the news everyday you could answer your own question. There are seriously bad people out there that will hurt you and your family given a chance, and not just in the bad parts of town. We are not living in the 1800's. It was probably safer then.

If you think that the gov't or the police can protect you against evil, think again. If they were capable of that there would be no crime.

In every country where weapons have been banned in the hands of law abiding citizens violent crime has gone up. In ever place where CCW is legal, crime rates have gone down.

Just read where Chicago is again #1 in the USA for Murder. Chicago has gun laws that are stricter than NYC and Washington DC.

While carrying a gun is an awesome responsibility, and not to be taken lightly, it is also a means to protect one's self and family from truly evil people that will do you harm.

People that carry should be well versed in the use of firearms, and pratice on a regular basis. As far as your statement about panic and missing, that is true and happens. What is also true is the mere presence of a gun is often enough to stop an aggression. I am not advocating the carrying of a firearm for the purpose of fear and intimidation only, if you carry you must be prepared to use, but in most cases the presence is enough.Every monthNational Rifle Association magazine has a full page of instances were the use or threatened use of a firearm saves someone's life.

I don't really believe you are looking for answers. Your mind is already made up, and nothing is going to change it, you just want to stir things up.[:@]

Regards,

Bill

Old 03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: badherb

What are you going to do when said villian comes a cross your path, are you going to shoot? Murder one! Just cause you think you have just cause to shoot doesn't mean you ain't going to the pokie to be with 1000's homo's.
Is it worth it to have that gun and the chance of killing an innocent just because you're cooler than everyone else?
As someone who has actually had to draw his firearm on two separate instances (relying upon my training, exercising restraint and good judgment, and not having to fire to stop the attack)in order to save my life and that of my wife, I find your comments above to be extremely offensive. Your comment of licensed, trained, and law abiding citizens being 'cooler than everyone else' by virtue of their carrying a firearm couldn't be further from reality. Frankly speaking, it's idiotic. Sucha statement tells me that you simply do not have a clue with regard to the very topic to which you initiated.

Based upon your initial thread, no answer in the world would meet your justification. You are, as it relates to this particular topic, gravely clueless. There is only one person on this god given earth that I have to explain why I carry a firearm; my adoring wife. And you, sir, sure as **** aren't one of them.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
cajunman831
Tourer

i been carrying for five years.never had to pull my gun out.although it came close a few times.i was raised in a gun hunting family.i,m
very proficient with them.it,s my right to carry or anyone else,s.pease don,t have that mentality on guns.because one day you,ll wish
you had one on you.god bless the Second Amendment and the NRA

Quick Reply: Packing Heat 2