General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Packing Heat 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Packing Heat 2

Hey BadHerb:

Before doing any further harping about the "intelligence" of various responses tothis topic and the "intelligence" of peoplewho exercisetheir Second Amendment rights, you might want to back and edit the spelling, grammar, and sentence structure of your posts. The way they're presently written I fear someone may question your "intelligence."

Old 03-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Beign without one is like riding your bike without insurance... You only need one when you don't have it and when you do finally need it you need it VERY badly.Having vehicle insurance is something you maybe only put to use once every 10 yrs or more (hopefully, lol)? But the one day you need it makes you realize why you paid for it the other 20 years before.

Things don't always happen to the "other guy" unfortunately.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

PS: New York was mentioned in one post above... Their laws are beyond idiotic. I wouldn't set foot in New York for that very reason. And I won't eat in an establishment that wont allow armed citizens. If it costs them money in lost patronage oh well, I'll take my money elsewhere.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bosn, that we all break the law, ie, illegal u-turns etc, is a pretty feeble argument to have a gun when and where you shouldn't.
I'm glad that you feel comfortable packing 2 lbs of iron and lead, more or less, I don't. I'm glad that you have the right to do this and hope you that you grow very old never having to draw.
So I wonder, do you design your trips to only include those states that are in agreement with your practice of carrying?

Old 03-07-2007, 09:01 PM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

New York is bad along with NJ, but isnt' it just as bad in neighboring California??

Old 03-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: badherb

Cause I want to. How's that for an answer.
that is exactly what I said was not a post I cared to read, as it explains nothing and is irrelivant with out supporting conversion. and it only hot air.
You don't always get what you want. That's life.

It is useless to try and explain my position or anyones because regardless of what we tell you....your mind is already solidly made up and you will not change it. I've had this conversation a million times and NOBODY ever changes their mind.

I don't carry all the time....but I have no problem with someone who does.

I don't carry thinking I am going to become involved in stopping a crime or to be tough or any of the other nonsensical reasons that gun grabbers suggest for reasons that I carry. I carry to protect those that I love...if any SOB ever thinks he's going to harm a hair on the head of me or my family then he will be in for the shock of his life.

A sheep doesn't understand the role of a sheepdog and a sheep dog could never be a sheep.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:07 PM
seikan1
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a WV state trooper once tell me that it was known by LEO that if they stopped 10 cars randomly searching for a firearm in WV, they would probably find 7 out of the 10 have one.

I carry (when I carry) because it is more important for me to go home to my family than it is for some low life that tries to harm me or others to return home to his family.

In other words, I feel like my life is more important than the life of some scum out to hurt me.

What was that story about There is a grouchy, light-sleeping armed business owner that sleeps here four nights a week. You get to guess which nights.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:49 PM
bosnmate
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: wldbill

Bosn, that we all break the law, ie, illegal u-turns etc, is a pretty feeble argument to have a gun when and where you shouldn't.
I'm glad that you feel comfortable packing 2 lbs of iron and lead, more or less, I don't. I'm glad that you have the right to do this and hope you that you grow very old never having to draw.
So I wonder, do you design your trips to only include those states that are in agreement with your practice of carrying?
Thank you, I will say that I just didn't apply for a permit and started carrying. I have done combat training for years and shoot roughly 10,000 rounds annually in practice. I am also a firearms instructor and do a lot I mean A LOT of stress fire training. As far as avoiding states I don't need to. Any state I have an interest in going to is included in the list that honors my permits. So far, I haven't had a need to go to a state or a desire to go to a state that doesn't honor one of my permits, just has worked out that way. If by chance I need to go to a state that doesn't honor a permit it wouldn't stop me from going. I am just as skilled with striking weapons too. I am even armed in airports. A metal ballpoint pen is an excellent stabbing weapon, a hard edge magazine like a Cosmo is an excellent striking weapon and TSA don't even look twice at either of those items. By the way, I have broken collar bones with a regular old reading magazine.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:51 PM
badherb
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey BadHerb:

Before doing any further harping about the "intelligence" of various responses tothis topic and the "intelligence" of peoplewho exercisetheir Second Amendment rights, you might want to back and edit the spelling, grammar, and sentence structure of your posts. The way they're presently written I fear someone may question your "intelligence."
typos don't meanI'm not intellegent. it just meansI type poorly.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bosnmate

By the way, I have broken collar bones with a regular old reading magazine.
Really....broken a collar bone with a magazine? Please share the details.

Quick Reply: Packing Heat 2