General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Packing Heat 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 03:23 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Packing Heat 2

sly! If your reply to me is cause I can. becasue its my right, becasue the law says I can, or if your a LEO don't bother replying.
LOL. You are so misinformed it's ludicrous. Same old "I don't carry a gun so I don't understand why anyone else would!"

badherb, you may want to read the second amendment sometime.

I have the right as an American citizen through the constitution and Bill of Rights to protect myself.

I carry to protect myself and my family. Don't know why that would be so hard to understand.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Silverearl
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Badherb, Let me ask you a question.. Why do you ride a Harley? Because you can?? What is the difference.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We all know numbers can be turned to represent what you want. I simply typed in us murders and the FBI web sight came up. www.fbi.gov. Lot's of otherdata and lots of other types of crime but i didn’t want to spend a ton of time on this.We all have our own strong opinions and I doubt anything you read today will change yours and that's okay. You have yours i have mine. For 2004 (that’s just the year the FBI had there) I came up with over a million reasons (1,367,009 to be exact) why I carry.Andthe innocent you mentioned that may be hurt, well I don’t want that to be me, i’m one of those innocents.
Murder-[/b] 2004: 16,137
does not include the following situations in this offense classification: deaths caused by negligence, suicide, or accident; justifiable homicides; and attempts to murder or assaults to murder, which are scored as aggravated.
Aggravated Assaults[/b]- 2004: 854,911
defines aggravated assault as an unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury.
Robbery[/b]- 2004: 401,326
defines robbery as the taking or attempting to take anything of value from the care, custody, or control of a person or persons by force or threat of force or violence and/or by putting the victim in fear.
And another reason for the ladies that carry-
Rape-[/b] 2004: 94,635
the carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will

Old 03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
reefteach
Tourer

I carry because of stories like this where an armed passer-by was able to save a woman being stabbed to death and set on fire. Everybody who was unarmed yelled and honked their horns, but the thug would only respond to the sight of an armed citizen telling him to back off or die. I carry to protect myself. I carry to protect my family. I carry to protect you and your family also. Anytime you read a news article, remind yourself that there is a chance you could have been there.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...0389/1001/NEWS

I keep a firearm for the same reason I wear a seatbelt, keep a fire extinguisher, and wear a helmet. I don't think I will ever need them, But I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. The deal can go down anytime, anywhere.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
bosnmate
Banned

Why do you have insurance on your personal property?

I carry a firearm for the EXACT same reasons the police do. Self protection and self preservation, not enforcement of laws. Granted unlike a police officer the likelyhood of me deploying my firearm is slim.

I have always stated that I am not politically correct and I am not. So the reason I carry a gun is to kill those people who need killing. People who need killy are people who endanger my life orthe life of a family member. People who need to be killed are those who break into my home while I or a family member are there. People who need to be killed are people who by force take property from me that I have worked hard to get. There is a piece of my life in everything I own and I value my property as such.

Also, if you kill those who attempt to do you great bodily harm or pose an imminent threat to life you will not go to prison.

Now then, I have a question for you:

If we were to meet up somewhere for a sandwhich or a cup of coffee as friends and somebody was attempting to stab or shoot you or a family member of yours would you want me to deploy my firearm in defense of you or your loved one?

Or, would you rather I just call 911 and finish my sandwhich and coffee and wish you all the best?

Old 03-07-2007, 03:54 PM
LIRIDE
Road Warrior

Man, I could see these responses coming.
I grew up with guns in the house, my dad was with the NYPD for 28 years. Before I was a teenager,he taught us (me & 2 brothers) gun saftey & the dangers of guns. Just the basic stuff (every gun is loaded,never point) etc.Though I've never owned a pistol, I have a 12 ga and lever action rifle, used for hunting. I respect what you guys have written here and understand & agree with you point of view.

I visit Texas often. It seemed to me that every other guy was carrying.No problem with that.

To make a comment/opinion likethe one that initiated this tread, is wrong. I find most gun owners are responsible people. Like life you'll find an ahole just about everywhere that's why I said most are responsible. Sounds likeHerb's comment/opinion was formed and allor the majority of gun owners were thrown into it.

That said, the man has a right to express his view wrong or right. Boys,don't attack the messenger, it will only serve to convince him that he's rightthat gun owners are out of control.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:33 PM
badherb
Road Captain

Some very well worded answers and I thank you for them.
As for the name calling and obvious misunderstanding of this post I have not and still will not form an opion about YOU unless I meet you face to face. I did not call anyone names nor did I label law abiding people.
Some people have reasons to carry a weapons and I asked them for that reason. I do not carry one. And still have yet to find a reason why I would need to. My experience is that I have indeed met everyone of the labels I put on people in my original post. The "I got a gun now I'm cool" to the one that would pull out their weapon use it and not think again about it. My ignorance is that I have yet to meet someone with an intelliegentreason to actually carry a gun everyday. Accept for LEOs. Maybe in your next posting you can intellegently relay that reason. As for TXharleyguy, lowrider, az rider, you obviously have only preceived my opinion and not looked at my post. I have guns shoot guns and think guns are our right to have and hold. Second ammendment is a good thing and all that.

Thank you to those that read the post and simply answered the question, name calling shows your aggrogance and ignorance. I'm not a pot sturrer either. Just interested in why people see the need to carry a weapon andeven more interested in the need for it to be concealed.

bosnmate I will answer your question because you asked one and had something intellengent to say.
No. I would rather you not deploy you weapon. but if you wanted to jump the the person that was attempting to harm my family I would like that. See I would already have been on top of them making sure they could do no harm. I don't flinch. IF my famliy is in harms way I'll stand and fight without thinking. If I owned a pistol and carried one I'd have murder 1 on my sheet. Not sure killing someone because I think it was the right thing would sit well with a jury of my peers. I'll protect what is mine. But not go to jail do so.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:35 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he's trolling......

Old 03-07-2007, 04:38 PM
badherb
Road Captain

I think he's trolling......
again not intellegent and means nothing.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:41 PM
reefteach
Tourer

ORIGINAL: badherb

.....going to the pokie to be with 1000's homo's.......

Not making enemies just looking for answers.
Then what is up with the gay bashing? Keep it civil man.

Quick Reply: Packing Heat 2