General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Packing Heat 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:39 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Packing Heat 2

Excuse me but you're as far off track as the guy that started this thread.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bosnmate

Crypto,

You are exactly correct. Unfortunately the national average for police response time is 12.5 minutes. That is just for the cops to show up on the scene, not take action. People need to be able to defend themselves for 12.5 minutes on average.

I use this example quite often:

Take an egg timer and go into your bedroom and lay down on the bed.
Imagine it is 2:30 a.m. andyou hear glass breaking somewhere in your home.
Sit up and dial on the phone 911.
Imagine the operator answering the phone and set the egg timer for 12.5 minutes.
Now, imagine what an intruder can do to you or a family member in 12.5 minutes, let your imagination run wild.

Remember, it doesn't matter if the police catch the guy or not. The damage is already done. Your firearm is a stop gap to protect you and your family until the police arrive and take over the situation.

People have the wrong impression of what a police officer does. Mainly they are historians. A crime occurs they show up and write a report. The police then use that crime report to hopeful catch the person before he commits another crime. The report didn't help the original crime victim but it may help future ones. Crime happens when you least expect it and the police can't be there when it happens, nor do they have a legal obligation to protect you if they are there. That being said, I personally don't know of any officer who wouldn't jump right there to protect a person from a criminal if he or she is in a possition to do so. People need to be responsible for themselves and quit relying on the government to take care of them.
and here I thought this thread was about CARRYING a weapon.. not having one in your home... that's a whole 'nother thing..

I don't call 911. my opinion is that cops are usually WORSE than the scum breaking into your house. they are the most dangerous criminal street gang in america.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
hambone
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: tinker1

carrying a weapon causes more problems than it starts.

let's say that trouble starts and you "defend" yourself with your weapon... LEO will assume that you started the problem because you came prepared.. basically it isn't really self defense when you came prepared for a fight.

also, guys that are carrying a weapon are more likely to start trouble than those that aren't carrying. the weapon makes them feel bold - bigger than they really are, that attitude conveys itself and invites trouble.

if you are pulled over by a LEO and he sees that you are carrying a weapon, you are in for a lot more trouble than if you aren't. if you're a 1%er and carrying a weapon, it's even WORSE.

carrying a weapon just causes problems all the way around.
tinkerbell you just made yourself sound like a complete dumbA$$. Why don't you educate yourself before spouting off and making yourself look and sound like an idot.[:@]

Old 03-15-2007, 04:54 PM
tinker1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: hambone
tinkerbell you just made yourself sound like a complete dumbA$$. Why don't you educate yourself before spouting off and making yourself look and sound like an idot.[:@]
really. everyone's entitled to their opinion.. my opinion is based on experience - and the great thing about life is that your's maybe as well. if you choose to carry, just be careful.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Nortonics
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And what experience would that be? This remark alone says you have exactly zero experience:

if you are pulled over by a LEO and he sees that you are carrying a weapon, you are in for a lot more trouble than if you aren't.
Not where I come from. Matter of fact local and State law enforcement like us carrying legally in my State - deters crime, or haven't you read those statistics yet.

Give it up boys - it's fruitless.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:19 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: tinker1

1. carrying a weapon causes more problems than it starts.

2. let's say that trouble starts and you "defend" yourself with your weapon... LEO will assume that you started the problem because you came prepared.. basically it isn't really self defense when you came prepared for a fight.

3. also, guys that are carrying a weapon are more likely to start trouble than those that aren't carrying. the weapon makes them feel bold - bigger than they really are, that attitude conveys itself and invites trouble.

4. if you are pulled over by a LEO and he sees that you are carrying a weapon, you are in for a lot more trouble than if you aren't. if you're a 1%er and carrying a weapon, it's even WORSE.

5. carrying a weapon just causes problems all the way around.
1. Bullshit

2. Double bullshit

3. Triple bullshit

4. Quadruple bullshit

5. Quintuple bullshit

If the above deductions are arised - as you purport - through your life's experiences, then I would venture to suggest that you climb out of that cave every once in a while, get out more,and join the rest of us out in the real world. Your summations surrounding firearms and those who elect to carry them couldn't be further from reality. I can respect your opinions, nonetheless. This, irrespective of how far fetched they happen to be in my mind's eye.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:40 PM
tinker1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

1. Bullshit

2. Double bullshit

3. Triple bullshit

4. Quadruple bullshit

5. Quintuple bullshit

If the above deductions are arised - as you purport - through your life's experiences, then I would venture to suggest that you climb out of that cave every once in a while, get out more,and join the rest of us out in the real world. Your summations surrounding firearms and those who elect to carry them couldn't be further from reality. I can respect your opinions, nonetheless. This, irrespective of how far fetched they happen to be in my mind's eye.
whatever. as I said, just be careful..

I'd suggest NOT flashing your "heat" around a group of 1%ers..

if you feel you need to carry "heat" just to gain respect or feel confident in yourself, that's your problem I suppose.

if you are going somewhere that you feel you need a weapon because you will probably be attacked, maybe you should consider not going there.

if you are going to pull your weapon on the street or in a bar or whatever - just hope that the person you are pulling it on doesn't take it away from you and use it on you.

if you are going to use your weapon on a person that is NOT carrying a weapon, you should perhaps consider how you are going to explain that to the law.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:46 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

They say ignorance comes in two forms: One as being demonstrated through the spoken and/or written word. The second by virtue of one's inability and/or unwillingness to comprehend the world in which they live. I think it's safe to state that there are those individuals out there who are demonstrative of both.

This thread, in my view, is done. The horse has done been beaten to death, conclusions drawn, and opinions formulated. Short of the banter of rehash, there really isn't a whole lot to be said that hasn't been echoed repeatedly already.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Tin Gizel
Road Warrior

Tinker1 - please, i mean really, come on, stop bashing cops and what you think they'll do....

I have been pulled over more than once with firearms in the car. I've been pulled over with a pistol on me and rifles in the back seat. Never have I been given a hard time. I volunteered, even though not required in my state, the fact that I had firearms in my possession while holding my hands in plain site and asked the office how he would like to handle it. 2 times, they never asked me to do anything, just told me why they pulled me over and let me go. 2 different times, they asked me to step out of the vehicle for their safety, and then told me why they pulled me over and then let me go. So, I count 4 times that I can remember being pulled over with firearms and 4 times that I was let go with a warning. I can remember 2, again different times I was pulled over without any firearms. Both of those times I was issued a speeding ticket. Logic tells me, if you do the right thing, and make the cop feel safe that you have a firearm in the car with you, he will no longer care that you were speeding, but be relieved that you volunteered the information to him and let you go with a warning. Ergo, I used to carry a firearm to get me out of speeding tickets and get in LESS trouble with an LEO for CARRYING a firearm. Those are my experiences. Maybe you live in the wrong state.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:53 PM
tinker1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

They say ignorance comes in two forms: One as being demonstrated through the spoken and/or written word. The second by virtue of one's inability and/or unwillingness to comprehend the world in which they live. I think it's safe to state that there are those individuals out there who are demonstrative of both.

This thread, in my view, is done. The horse has done been beaten to death, conclusions drawn, and opinions formulated. Short of the banter of rehash, there really isn't a whole lot to be said that hasn't been echoed repeatedly already.
I agree completely.

Ride safe.

Quick Reply: Packing Heat 2