General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Packing Heat 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:04 PM
corona
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Packing Heat 2

ORIGINAL: Nortonics

Get a clue - andbuy back your Suzuki.

Who are you talking to?

Old 03-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Nortonics
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: corona

Who are you talking to?
Mr. Knowitall - the original thread starter.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:45 AM
corona
Cruiser

Who are you talking to?
Gotcha![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 AM
mgumto
Banned

Who are you talking to?
Gotcha![sm=icon_rofl.gif]
The dude who started this thread, must feel a lot like Jenna Jamison used to.

Real sore!!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 02:14 AM
slacker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: badherb

thank you went postal.

yes I agree a weapon is a tool. and a tool that can be of great comfort to a great many people. I think the issue I have is with the intent and intellegance of the people who hold the weapon. Are they profecient with the weapon etc. I know many that are not either intellent nor do they know how to handle a weapon.These people are scary even if they are law abiding. They are the ones that make this issue HOT. They are the ones that hurt people. I know the saying goes guns don't kill, people do, or something like that.
I have not yet read the entire thread so you can bet this will not be my only response. I already have a page of stuff I want to say but since I know it will not be read I will keep it very short:

First, there are people that drive cars that are not intelligent nor do they know how to handle the vehicle. But for some reason they still have a drivers license. Should we simply not allow people to drive?

Second, there are no guns serving time in prison that I am aware of. However, there are a lot of people who have used weapons to harm others. Weapons that include ballpoint pens, razor blades, tire irons, vehicles, rocks, bricks, poisons, and a whole host of other tools to commit crime. Guns have no ability to do anything without a person behind them. So stop using guns as a bad actor and blaming violence on guns. "Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie Odonnel fat".

To answer your question about why carry a gun, it is a tool that can give someone who would otherwise be unable to defend themselves or others the ability to do exactly that. Are there a few that think carrying a gun is cool? I am sure there are. Are there people who have a drivers license because they think it is cool? Again I have no doubt. I have a goatee because I think it looks really good on me but there really is no pending threat against me if I don't have it. Should I shave it off?

Old 03-15-2007, 12:11 AM
badherb
Road Captain

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]Who are you talking to?

[/blockquote]

you can't even buy a clue as to what I think or not think I know. useless drivel remarks are of no use to me nor do they bother me one bit.
Once you think you know anything, 10 people will tell you otherwise.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:19 AM
badherb
Road Captain

I have honestly appreciated the answers that many have put here. the ones with rude and childish remarks I could careless about. I have learned a great deal about what people are passionate about here on this site. good for you for doing what you think is right and just in your world.
be safe and have fun.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:22 AM
corona
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: badherb
you can't even buy a clue as to what I think or not think I know. useless drivel remarks are of no use to me nor do they bother me one bit.
Once you think you know anything, 10 people will tell you otherwise.
You just have to realize, many of us that carry - feel very deeply about our rights as Americans to be able to protect ourselves, our families, our property, and in some rare cases, innocent victims from criminals. It's a philosophy and a way of life that defines some of us. For some it's a learned reaction to previous experiences. For some, it just comes naturally.

Your original post did sound to some of us like a "typical-anti-rant". Which may explain why some people are coming down so hard on you. It's like questioning their very outlook on life.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:56 AM
WolfgangX
Intermediate

My S&W M&P is in my reach at all time. Licensed CCW and a Firearm Safety Instructor. Too many jerkoffs that want what someone worked their butt off for. Check out this for instance: 101 Year old lady is mugged and beat.

Wolfgang

Old 03-15-2007, 04:15 AM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: badherb No. I would rather you not deploy you weapon. but if you wanted to jump the the person that was attempting to harm my family I would like that.
I read your post and though I have a CCW permit (and do carry in my vehicle) I respected the thought of your question right up until I read this last response.

If someone grabbed your wife from behind, pulled out his knife and pressed it against her neck, I assure you that you would be begging for someone to shoot his ***.

Though you made it sound like you would already be on top of that person, that thought is nice but unrealistic. You don't know how, where or when a bad situation will occur. You may be putting money in the meter and your wife standing 10 feet away from you. You could be loading groceries and she's pushing the cart back to a secured area... You simply don't know when some asswipe is going to do something stupid and my point is, it would be at that point that you'd be praying to God that you were carrying your weapon.

Like I mentioned before, I don't carry on my person but do in my vehicles and i agree with the rest. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. It may only be one time in your life but at that point, you'd trade your life and all worldly possessions to be able to protect yourself and family.

Quick Reply: Packing Heat 2