General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Packing Heat 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Unamed
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Packing Heat 2

I'm going to start a thread...

The Eco domination and over breeding of the common goose that lives in my neighborhood and poops all over the damn streets every single day while educating my nephew int he animal kingdom way of reproduction whilst simultaneously taking up more of the street and lawns of all my nieghbors....

But the subject lines arnt that long [sm=smiley22.gif]

Old 03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
badherb
Road Captain

Sure you did. You questioned their intelligence. You also questioned their "intellegence," their "intellegance," their "intelligance," and I believe you even questioned their "intelagance."
respect and responsiblity are not intelligence. those are three different things --evenyou should be able to see that. And not once have I or will insult intimidate or heckle you for trying to relay an honest well thought out reply to this post. stating the obvious that I have poor typing skills is not lending any light to the subject --I've stated it before and have no problem admitting this. You who continue to point it out onlyproves youto bean immature person looking to goad me in to a verbal war and it won't work.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:44 PM
corona
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a good answer that I got from another board I frequent. That board has a "concealed carry" forum, so you can guess what kind of site it is.

Q. Why do you feel the need to carry a gun?
A. Because I can't carry a cop.

Others have said it, so I won't pile on the obvious, but I doubt anyone's answer here will be enough to justify it to you. All I can say is, I'm really glad I live in Texas, where concealed carrying is legal.

Oh, and your "you gonna shoot, murder one" comment? Hardly. Happens every day, armed citizens protecting themselves against criminals and the ARE NOT prosecuted. In fact, where I took my CHL course, the county prosecuting attorney came in and spoke for a few hours with us. Told us what they would and would not prosecute us for.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:25 PM
badherb
Road Captain

Q. Why do you feel the need to carry a gun?
A. Because I can't carry a cop.
funny!

the thought of going to jail is what scares me to not pull a trigger. Texas is a good state that protects those people who are protecting themselves. I'm not so sure about my state.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: badherb

Im not sure what the thugs are like up there but down here they love to shoot the unarmed.
I'm sure they are the same everywhere and unfortunatly owning and carring a weapon will do nothing to change that. For some it makes them feel safer/more powerful maybe. but in the end someone gets hurt or killed. Maybe a family member maybe a neighbor sleeping in their bed. Possibly the PERP. Aghh hopefully the PERP. Be safe no matter what you do --my life depends on it too.

While it was interesting to read the hate filled posts it was also good to read the well thought out purposes some decided to post. Thank you I'm done.

See what I mean....your mind was already made up.

Owning and carrying a weapon can result in someone getting hurt...you are right....but it improves your chances that it won't be you and will be the bad guy.

Your life doesn't depend on it.....simply don't try to harm any of my family and you have nothing to fear.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:59 PM
stsltd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is certainly an understatement that the decision to carry a gun is a very serious one. For me, the idea that it is my right to do so is not the most important- to me, its my responsibility. I have a fundemental responsibility to protect my family in case of harm. I also have the same responsibility to protect myself so that I amhere to take care of my family.With that decision comes the responsibility tounderstand the law, train, choose and maintian your equippment, and be prepared.

As many have already said - there can be many options available to us should a confrontation begins - I can guarantee you that I will not be the one that starts it, if there is an option to safely move on and avoid it, I will be happy to take that option. I have absolutely no desire to pull my gun much less actually shoot someone. But if there is no alternative, if the other person continues to force the situation, threatening my life or my family, then I will do everything I can so we come out alive. If having a gun helps me in that endeavor, I will be much better served if I am carrying it than it is sitting in my safe or in my car. I have already come to terms with that eventuality - I think every one that carries a gun needs to.

The idea that I won't carry a gun because I may end up in jail if I need to use it makes no sense to me. To me, the only reason I will have used one is because the situation was forced on me to either use it or someone in my family is going to die, or I am going to die - that's it. AndI don't want to die and I can think of few things worse that someone hurting or killing my wife or children and I did not do everything I could to stop it.

If you don't want to carry, that's fine - its you decision. I choose otherwise.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:12 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is something I read on the net a while ago. I liked it so much, I kept a copy of it. It is long but well worth the read.

...One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident."

This is true. Remember, the murder rate is six per 100,000 per year, and the aggravated assault rate is four per 1,000 per year. What this means is that the vast majority of Americans are not inclined to hurt one another.

Some estimates say that two million Americans are victims of violent crimes every year, a tragic, staggering number, perhaps an all-time record rate of violent crime. But there are almost 300 million total Americans, which means that the odds of being a victim of violent crime is considerably less than one in a hundred on any given year. Furthermore, since many violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders, the actual number of violent citizens is considerably less than two million.

Thus there is a paradox, and we must grasp both ends of the situation: We may well be in the most violent times in history, but violence is still remarkably rare. This is because most citizens are kind, decent people who are not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation. They are sheep.

I mean nothing negative by calling them sheep. To me it is like the pretty, blue robin's egg. Inside it is soft and gooey but someday it will grow into something wonderful. But the egg cannot survive without its hard blue shell. Police officers, soldiers and other warriors are like that shell, and someday the civilization they protect will grow into something wonderful. For now, though, they need warriors to protect them from the predators.

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf." Or, as a sign in one California law enforcement agency put it, "We intimidate those who intimidate others."

If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen: a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath--a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? Then you are a sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero's path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed.

He continues:

Let me expand on this old soldier's excellent model of the sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world. They can accept the fact that fires can happen, which is why they want fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers, fire alarms and fire exits throughout their kids' schools. But many of them are outraged at the idea of putting an armed police officer in their kid's school. Our children are dozens of times more likely to be killed, and thousands of times more likely to be seriously injured, by school violence than by school fires, but the sheep's only response to the possibility of violence is denial. The idea of someone coming to kill or harm their children is just too hard, so they choose the path of denial.

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and wil

Old 03-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Unamed
Road Master

[quote]ORIGINAL: SiLlY

This is something I read on the net a while ago. I liked it so much, I kept a copy of it. It is long but well worth the read.

...One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident."

This is true. Remember, the murder rate is six per 100,000 per year, and the aggravated assault rate is four per 1,000 per year. What this means is that the vast majority of Americans are not inclined to hurt one another.

Some estimates say that two million Americans are victims of violent crimes every year, a tragic, staggering number, perhaps an all-time record rate of violent crime. But there are almost 300 million total Americans, which means that the odds of being a victim of violent crime is considerably less than one in a hundred on any given year. Furthermore, since many violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders, the actual number of violent citizens is considerably less than two million.

Thus there is a paradox, and we must grasp both ends of the situation: We may well be in the most violent times in history, but violence is still remarkably rare. This is because most citizens are kind, decent people who are not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation. They are sheep.

I mean nothing negative by calling them sheep. To me it is like the pretty, blue robin's egg. Inside it is soft and gooey but someday it will grow into something wonderful. But the egg cannot survive without its hard blue shell. Police officers, soldiers and other warriors are like that shell, and someday the civilization they protect will grow into something wonderful. For now, though, they need warriors to protect them from the predators.

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf." Or, as a sign in one California law enforcement agency put it, "We intimidate those who intimidate others."

If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen: a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath--a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? Then you are a sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero's path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed.

He continues:

Let me expand on this old soldier's excellent model of the sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world. They can accept the fact that fires can happen, which is why they want fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers, fire alarms and fire exits throughout their kids' schools. But many of them are outraged at the idea of putting an armed police officer in their kid's school. Our children are dozens of times more likely to be killed, and thousands of times more likely to be seriously injured, by school violence than by school fires, but the sheep's only response to the possibility of violence is denial. The idea of someone coming to kill or harm their children is just too hard, so they choose the path of denial.

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog mu

Old 03-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Tactical1
Tourer

Police: SoCal couple carjacked, robbed, left naked by freeway

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Printable Version Email This Article
(03-06) 18:01 PST San Bernardino, Calif. (AP) --

Four people carjacked a man and his girlfriend at knifepoint early Tuesday and forced them to withdraw money from ATMs before leaving them naked on the side of a freeway, authorities said.

The couple, both in their early 20s, were found by California Highway Patrol officers along Interstate 15 in Corona, 45 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

The woman was sexually assaulted during the crime spree and was taken to a hospital for treatment, said San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Arden Wiltshire. Her boyfriend was not injured.

The two were sitting in a car outside the man's home in Chino Hills around 1:30 a.m. when three men and a woman approached them, Wiltshire said.

The four took both victims' cars, split them up and took them to several bank machines across Riverside and San Bernardino counties, where they were forced to withdraw an undetermined amount of money from their bank accounts, Wiltshire said.

"Eventually they hooked up again and took the couple to I-15 in Corona, stripped them of clothing and left them on the side of the freeway," Wiltshire said.

CHP investigators located one of the stolen vehicles a few hours later after the signal from the car's LoJack tracking device was activated. Two men inside the vehicle were taken into custody for questioning.

Wiltshire said one was identified as a suspect in the crime spree, and authorities were trying to determine whether the other also was involved.

The other stolen vehicle was later found abandoned.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Crusing
Road Captain

I am not convinced that your question is sincere, but giving you the benefit of doubt…..here are some thoughts to ponder:

We do live in an environment where criminals prey on innocent victims on a daily basis. Fact, not fiction.
How many innocent victims of violent crime started out the day thinking they were in any danger?
Why if you were in the military you were willing to protect your country, but now do not see fit to protect yourself and family?
Concealed carry is not a choice, but a term of the license.
How can it be “cool” to carry a concealed weapon if no one knows you are carrying?
Justifiable use of a weapon can result in facing a grand jury and civil action at considerable expense. Definitely not something to be taken lightly.
If it is not necessary to carry a concealed weapon, why are there many documented cases where they have been used justifiably and legally?
[ol][/ol]

Quick Reply: Packing Heat 2