General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: HOw do you feel about these new bikes
That's my kinda bike
18.14%
Not for me but i dig it
66.67%
Dumbest thing I've seen
7.11%
Destroy them all
8.09%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Official New Harley Models 500 and 700 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:43 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by Who Dey
So just because YOU don't like people calling them Jap bikes, everyone on this forum should stop calling them that and start calling them Metrics just for you? Good luck with that is all I got to say!
They will probably cave to him, that's how it works nowadays. Want your way, whine a little.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:14 AM
axlespacer
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can damn well tell you this, it was "Japs" my grandfather fought in WW2 and not metrics'!

Old 11-03-2013, 05:15 AM
Who Dey
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IronAss
They will probably cave to him, that's how it works nowadays. Want your way, whine a little.
It's not really the people that cave, they are made to cave or else. I'm not even going to go on a rant about how much this subject pisses me off because if I did it would be about 10 pages long. I just hate what this country has become thanks to all of the Whiney azz Liberals, that's all I will say.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:20 AM
Who Dey
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by axlespacer
I can damn well tell you this, it was "Japs" my grandfather fought in WW2 and not metrics'!
Well said, and the thing about it is "Japs" at least in my opinion is not even a derogatory term. It's no different than someone saying whites or blacks, or Brits etc

Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 AM
samhallnc
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Who Dey
Well said, and the thing about it is "Japs" at least in my opinion is not even a derogatory term. It's no different than someone saying whites or blacks, or Brits etc
Exactly.. why is jap offensive and brit not?

Old 11-03-2013, 06:26 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

Right, I'm a Brit, you guys are Yanks.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Hey moderator can we stop the use of Jap on this forum. Not liking this. I would rather hear metric than JAP

A good portion of YOU PEOPLE seem to be very out of touch and need to get out of your one track minded bubble
When someone from California becomes king of the world, they can make the word "Jap" illegal. Until then; I'd suggest you do what most intelligent people do when they hear a derogatory term or have it used on them. Which is; let it go instantly, including the emotion. Allowing the mere utterance of a word to upset you, makes you the weak one. Not to mention, that once someone finds your weakness button; they'll remove the button and install a crank.

At 17 years old I left my home to serve this country and forever protect my right say what I please. I made the payment, as many others did, so I will exercise my 1st Amendment right as I please. I guess I'm one of those "YOU PEOPLE", but I'm not offended by it. Heck, I guess I'm kinda proud of it.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread: 500cc Harley Davidson Motorcycles

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 11-03-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:31 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't like what they've done with certain models, ie the Fatboy. 2014 only came out with 4 colors and not a one that I'd want. So I went ahead and bought the 2013 in Midnight Pearl. Even with this bike I don't like that they offered it with your choice of gold & blue, or silver & blue pin-striping. It's grown on me but I'd still prefer it without the pin-striping.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:01 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
When someone from California becomes king of the world, they can make the word "Jap" illegal. Until then; I'd suggest you do what most intelligent people do when they hear a derogatory term or have it used on them. Which is; let it go instantly, including the emotion. Allowing the mere utterance of a word to upset you, makes you the weak one. Not to mention, that once someone finds your weakness button; they'll remove the button and install a crank.

At 17 years old I left my home to serve this country and forever protect my right say what I please. I made the payment, as many others did, so I will exercise my 1st Amendment right as I please. I guess I'm one of those "YOU PEOPLE", but I'm not offended by it. Heck, I guess I'm kinda proud of it.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread: 500cc Harley Davidson Motorcycles

Thank you, very well said.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:05 AM
HotIceHD
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Crap.
I'd take "Japanese" 24h/day 7 days/week, over Indian built stuff.

Quick Reply: Official New Harley Models 500 and 700 Thread