General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water cooled limited ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013 | 07:49 PM
BIGSTEVEX3
|
Cruiser
Default Water cooled limited ultra?

Sure this has been hashed over stopped Black hills Hd today. I don't know looks like a temporary fix.

Old 09-01-2013 | 12:13 AM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

Temp fix for what?

Old 09-01-2013 | 04:54 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Double post........

Last edited by IronAss; 09-01-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-01-2013 | 04:56 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Temp fix for what?
For whatever was screwed up that they put whatever he's talking about on it for?

Or maybe he's got the new bike bug but thinks getting a new one will only take care of it temporarily. You can probably help him with that problem as you have a motorcycle addiction also from what I've read here.

Old 09-01-2013 | 09:47 AM
BIGSTEVEX3
|
Cruiser

Sorry ime a mechanic and used to talking to people who have a mechanical back ground. This is a huge subject with guys I hang around. Not stuff like were do I put my gas cap when I fill up. I figured that out all by myself when I was 9. They are water cooling the heads 1 because there too dam hot and 2 because to meet emission standard they need to keep the temp range in a manageable parameter. This looks to me and others like a temp fix until they come up with a better solution!

Old 09-01-2013 | 11:05 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master

Originally Posted by BIGSTEVEX3
Sorry ime a mechanic and used to talking to people who have a mechanical back ground. This is a huge subject with guys I hang around. Not stuff like were do I put my gas cap when I fill up. I figured that out all by myself when I was 9. They are water cooling the heads 1 because there too dam hot and 2 because to meet emission standard they need to keep the temp range in a manageable parameter. This looks to me and others like a temp fix until they come up with a better solution!
Do you just walk into a room full of strangers and blurt out the first thing that comes to mind? Cause that's what you just did here, and tht is why people are confused.

So you are saying you and your mechanic buddies think the new water cooled heads are just a temp fix. Got ya. Guess we will see next year.

Old 09-01-2013 | 11:35 AM
_Daswine_
Road Master

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Do you just walk into a room full of strangers and blurt out the first thing that comes to mind? Cause that's what you just did here, and tht is why people are confused.

So you are saying you and your mechanic buddies think the new water cooled heads are just a temp fix. Got ya. Guess we will see next year.
I concur......

Old 09-01-2013 | 12:20 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member

Don't think it's a band-aid but the direction the MOCO will be going. Water/oil cooling is nothing new on bikes and I'm pretty sure they are doing it because riders want bigger motors and just air cooling is making it hard to keep things EPA compliant.

Old 09-01-2013 | 12:42 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BIGSTEVEX3
Yep...We are all idiots that don't know a wrench from a shovel...So...What about the fix is temporary to you. Please try to dumb it down for the rest of us not so mechanically inclined people...

Old 09-01-2013 | 01:09 PM
danofive0
Cruiser

Nice avatar!

Quick Reply: Water cooled limited ultra?