General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The OFFICIAL Los Angeles Area meet, eat and greet thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007 | 01:35 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Default RE: The OFFICIAL Los Angeles Area meet, eat and greet thread...

ORIGINAL: Eyespy

Not to be a nag or anything.....but just makin sure bringing some bros not on the forum is cool. I'd like to let them know so they can plan ahead. [8D]

BTW, the whole name-tag thing is, well, nevermind...[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier. And if you have good friends who ride something other than a Harley, let them tag along as well; maybe Sunday's gathering will help them to see the light!

Philip

Old 03-06-2007 | 07:01 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

Here is the route for either the Thundering Herd or just 2 guys, whichever shows up:

EVERYBODY is welcome to jump on board. If it has 2 wheels it doesn't matter who made it.

Route: 105 Fwy West to 405 North to 10 West to PCH then North to Neptune's.

Starting Point: L.A. HD located at 13300 Paramount Blvd, South Gate, CA 90280 (562) 408-6088
Exit 105 FWY and go north 1.5 blocks. On the right hand side.

Please arrive with a full tank of gas.

FROM OC AND SD areas:5 Fwy North to 605 South to 105 West then exit at Paramount as above and turn right.
or 5 Fwy North to 405 North to 605 North to 105 West then exit at Paramount as above and turn right.

From the IE and points east and north: 210, 10 or 60 Fwys West to 605 South to 105 West then exit at Paramount as above and turn right.
or 91 Fwy West to 605 North to 105 West then exit at Paramount as above and turn right.

Meeting time: Starting at 10am when the store opens.

The dealership has clean bathrooms and there is a decent burger joint across the street. LAHD is having their Demo Days event that day but it does not start until 12 noon. Management confirms that us staging there should not be a problem. We will meet in the primary parking lot attached to the dealership. (Go past the first auxiliary lot).

Kicks stand up and on the road: 10:45 am sharp!

Santa Monica Stop: We will pull off the 10 Fwy just shy of PCH so that Anubisss and the Lovely Scootergrrlas well as anybody else whoshowsup can join us for the final leg. We will meet them at the Arco station at the Cloverfield exit of the 10 Freeway. According to Anubisss the Arco stationis on the right hand side just after the exit. We should be there between 11:15 and 11:30am andbe back on the road immediately.

That's it boys and girls.

Hopefully this leaves time for the IE riders meeting at the Del Taco to meet up with us if they wish to do so.

I tried to come up with as central a location as possible for everyoneeast and southof the 605 Fwy to meet.

Hope to see some of youat LAHDSunday and the rest of you at Neptune's Nest.

Looks like great weather and it should be fun.

Primo

P.S. My cell# is available. Just PM me for that or any questions.

P.P.S.S. Thanks again to Anubiss for putting this together. Since he put this together, he and Scootergrrl get to lead the pack from Santa Monica to Neptune's!

Old 03-06-2007 | 07:18 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

I'm shooting to be there early as well. I'll probably head down Sat still so I don't have to travel so much in 1 day.
If I start on HWY1, is it just straight south from wherever I'm at?
If you want to get there early, I wouldn't even bother with HWY 1. It will add about 2 hours to your trip. Also, there are still two lengthy "washout" spots North of San Simeon that is nothing but gravel and it slows down the touristas. Take the 101 down here. If you want the scenery, take 1 on your way back North.

HWY 1 merges into the 101 at SLO anyway.

Old 03-06-2007 | 09:25 PM
BUBBA
Tourer

will try and make it will see how the bike runs with the new PC

Old 03-06-2007 | 10:29 PM
anubisss
|
Banned

I think Leron is talking to Rhubarb. 101 is much faster. Depends on what you want.

Old 03-07-2007 | 01:48 AM
wico1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Soft06

ORIGINAL: Tactical1

what are the meeting points for guys from the IE, etc?

Is it still the del taco on the 15 and Foothill?
Yes,
meeting there ((DEL TACO, 15 FWY & Foothill BLVD)) at 9-9:30am. I figure KSU @ 10:00 am. How does those times sound to you guys? And bring your input on which route.
So far I count perhaps 5 bikes for the ride into Neptunes. I have sent out e mail to others, but waiting for them to confirm. Looking forward to the ride and meeting you all.

Ride Safe

I'm in and may bring 2-3 other guys to meet us at Del Taco.....There may be a fourth if we can pick him up either off the 210 or 10. He lives in West Covina right off the freeway. If that's cool with everyone?

Old 03-07-2007 | 02:13 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the info on the washouts.
I am going to come down on Saturday and head back up Sunday.
I don't have time for scenic going back, as I have to work Monday.
It's roughly 400 miles going home, and about 500 on 1/101.

ORIGINAL: LRonHoover

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

I'm shooting to be there early as well. I'll probably head down Sat still so I don't have to travel so much in 1 day.
If I start on HWY1, is it just straight south from wherever I'm at?
If you want to get there early, I wouldn't even bother with HWY 1. It will add about 2 hours to your trip. Also, there are still two lengthy "washout" spots North of San Simeon that is nothing but gravel and it slows down the touristas. Take the 101 down here. If you want the scenery, take 1 on your way back North.

HWY 1 merges into the 101 at SLO anyway.

Old 03-07-2007 | 08:14 PM
nastyHD
Road Captain

ttt

Old 03-07-2007 | 08:17 PM
anubisss
|
Banned

Bring whoever you want. Who thinks the nametag thing is cool, who not?

Old 03-07-2007 | 08:22 PM
billk
Road Master

My bike is black cherry, with black pearl, so if your giving them out, that's the color I want. IMHO, nametags ain't necessary...let everone find out for themselves who is who. Can't imagine a bunch of MC riders with the stick on (on your leather) name tag...HI MY NAME IS...

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Los Angeles Area meet, eat and greet thread...