General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart Classic True Duals Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:45 AM
2013 Glide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart Classic True Duals Question

I have a 2013 Street Glide, when I purchased it in February I put the Rinehart mufflers on. I want to do the whole Classic True Dual system, not liking the looks of the Xtreme set up. I was wondering, will the whole Classic True Dual system be louder than just the mufflers! Also how is the heat factor for the riders left leg and foot? My bike already is Stage I with an Arlen Ness big sucker breather. Any input would greatly be appreciated, more upgrades to bike starting in a few days!

Old 08-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013 Glide
I have a 2013 Street Glide, when I purchased it in February I put the Rinehart mufflers on. I want to do the whole Classic True Dual system, not liking the looks of the Xtreme set up. I was wondering, will the whole Classic True Dual system be louder than just the mufflers! Also how is the heat factor for the riders left leg and foot? My bike already is Stage I with an Arlen Ness big sucker breather. Any input would greatly be appreciated, more upgrades to bike starting in a few days!
It depends on the header you are running now. If it is stock, the full set up will be MUCH louder. I had the true dual set up on a touring bike. It made my ears ring after riding for a full day...It is the best sounding pipe you can get for a touring bike though (IMO)...That heat you feel is coming from the cat. If it were me, I would order a new header and keep your slip ons. That way, if you decide you want to change them for something quieter or with a little different tone, you just change the mufflers. If you go with the true dual system, you can't do that. Rinehart uses a different size head pipe than anyone else...

Old 08-25-2013, 11:08 AM
tinmarine
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shouldn't be too much louder with the whole system vs. the slip ons. You'll feel less heat with the cat gone. A lot less heat. The passenger on the other hand will feel a lot of heat with the classic header. I have the extreme header on mine and heat from the pipes for me and the wife is not an issue. I have to walk my bike backwards roughly 30' to park it in my garage and I don't get burnt from pipes. I happen to like the looks of the classic header, but no one getting burned more than makes up for it. Love the sound of the Rineharts.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:23 AM
DNC
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my 2 cents here. When I bought my bike (2006 EG), it had stock headers and Rinehart slip-ons (3.5 in). When i swapped the stock headers for Rush headers, and since then a new set of Rineharts, I do not find it much louder than a previous set up. It does seem a bit more responsive.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Your bike will be MUCH louder with the headers replaced.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:26 PM
2013 Glide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have stock headers with Stage I and Arlen Ness sucker breather with the Rinehart slip ons. I want to put the Rinehart classic headers on, the whole system. Hoping for louder!

Old 08-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Can you order just the headers? Will your slip o s fit if you do? The inlets on the slip ons are a different size than the ones that come with the full system. I would order a set of the fuelmoto headers. That way, you can use what you have and they are ceramic coated...