General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 05:31 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Quit ? Nuts!

Old 10-06-2013, 05:34 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

rwhisen-living down here in south texas, it would be difficult to actually contribute much to chuck's downfall. i have said that i will be avoiding the whole state of wyoming if possible. it is going to be up to the locals and the people headed to sturgis to show chuck how every one feels. what are you plans?

there was no t-ball when i was growing up, but i did manage to play in the little league world series in 1961 from el campo, texas.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:31 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
rwhisen-living down here in south texas, it would be difficult to actually contribute much to chuck's downfall. i have said that i will be avoiding the whole state of wyoming if possible. it is going to be up to the locals and the people headed to sturgis to show chuck how every one feels. what are you plans?
I'm with you. It will only ad about 600 miles and two extra days to my round trip at a cost of about $400.00 more. That will teach Chuck not to sell an extra tire when it's not needed. All of the gas stations, restaurants, hotels and other retailers will surely go out of bankrupt if myself and the other four posters who have committed to boycott the state over this don't go there.

Also Next year at Sturgis. Look for Hulett to be a ghost town on No Panty Wednesday. The usual crowd of about 60,000 will dwindle to 59,996, sending the economy of the entire region into a tailspin. One from which they may never recover. They'll probably have to blow up Devils tower and plant alfalfa there.

Yellowstone. Forget it. Wouldn't go near that place. Not until the OP gets a formal apology from each and everyone of the 576,000 residents for Chuck's behavior.

I suggest that each school child give up his or her milk money for one day to compensate the OP.

Short of that, I am done with Wyoming.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Geez no one said to avoid Gillette, just don't spend cash in the Deluxe dealerships. I'm sure there are indy's in that town that would really appreciate the business. That's what I'm doing Dan, that and spreading the word, that's all I can do.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:50 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

seems to me there used to be a really good mechanic up in the Casper area -- seems he did work for a dealership -- I only know this from what I've read other places

Old 10-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Juan L

This guy is there and I bet he would like the business. I'm sure he'll sell you any tire you want.

http://www.marlinsmotorcycles.com/

Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

dribble--might be a good idea to just cancel sturgis for a few years--that will show ol' chuck! go ahead and take those kids free breakfasts and lunches...we keep hearing that this country is too fat anyway.

as far as the good citizens of gillette go...better business bureau and chamber of commerce did nothing to help the OP. perhaps everyone in that town knows we are just passing thru--just take our money and "deluxe" us.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:04 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,552 Likes on 5,086 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Geez no one said to avoid Gillette, just don't spend cash in the Deluxe dealerships. I'm sure there are indy's in that town that would really appreciate the business. That's what I'm doing Dan, that and spreading the word, that's all I can do.
at the same time, I'm still amazed there are zero posts here about anyone walking through their front door about anything good or bad since the OP's situation. For argument purposes, lets say this happened at the dealer I/you go to. I sure would ask "Ted" behind the Parts Counter on what he knows, if he was going to plead the 5th, I would ask "Alice" in Sales on what happened, or "Bruce" in Service. We all know people at their dealership, why haven't anyone that patronizes Gillette chime in and tell us what they found out. Or are you afraid of retaliation?

Old 10-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Juan L

Yep Dan and Dribble make great foxhole buddies. Least little bit of inconvenience and they throw in the towel. I guess they need the free sodas, popcorn and camaraderie from people like Chuck Ruiz.

I don't and wouldn't take it as I am unwilling to trade my principles for comfort. I see others aren't so particular who they enrich. There is a conspicuous silence from anyone who lives in that area. Maybe they have all taken an oath of silence since they treat it as a tourist town and don't want anything bad to get out. You know, dirty little secrets.

Last edited by Juan L; 10-06-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:34 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To

Duh

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy