General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats sick. Hope they make him eat a plate of it. I often wonder what i'm eating. Had my very first quiznos sub in custer, sd this year. Glad i went back to my motel room after eating, instead of riding some place. Never having another.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:27 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,552 Likes on 5,086 Posts

90 pages and almost 900 posts and not one says anything about them going into Delux HD for anything.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:22 PM
rotti
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See post #119:
"Exact same thing happened to me in Casper Deluxe HD EXCEPT they replaced my E3 rear with the 402 and said nothing about my E3 front. Wouldn't plug my rear E3 with only 370 miles on it....but I think that is common with most/all dealers.

I'm glad their policy hasn't hit Casper yet. To their credit, they got me in right away and were very helpful and courteous. My rear also was a hair over $300 plus $250 for towing....put a damper on Sturgis.

On edit: My E3 front and 402 rear handled just fine on the thousand mile balance of my trip."

Old 10-04-2013, 04:31 PM
glasscannon
Banned

Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
90 pages and almost 900 posts and not one says anything about them going into Delux HD for anything.
I'd stop by and use their latrine if I was in the neighborhood

Old 10-04-2013, 04:49 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by glasscannon
I'd stop by and use their latrine if I was in the neighborhood
I believe the term latrine and showroom may be interchangeable based on the content of this thread.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:02 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by nebraskarider1
They did tell me it was their insurance company's policy. Then when Dunlop stepped in they changed the story to "owners policy" same thing they told HD. I agreed with HD not to discuss the details of what they did for me but I came out ok in the end no thanks to Chuck and his crew though. That agreement was before they jerked me around for another 4 hours. Not to mention how they lied to HD and said they started on the good (front)tire just so they could still force the sale,then lied again to me and HD that they did not have the front tire and had to go get it at their Sundance location just to hold me up the 4 extra hours. Was the gas to go get it offset by the extra profit? I doubt it. Lets see what else, belt was loose, one front brake was dragging, (wasn't beforehand) right hand muffler slipped before I left the lot. Bottom line is I was upset just because I had to go through all the BS just to get a new rear tire, something SO DAMNED SIMPLE. Then I found the story on here the OP had started and how similar it was to mine. If you want to do business with Chuck or anyone in Gillette feel free its a free country. I just choose not to and will avoid the place except to maybe walk around the store with my shirt dissing them next year. I have no doubt they will hardly notice a decline in business over this, if they did they might have already made things right with the OP by now. Life goes on, I just check this thread every now and then to see if its still spreading the word,
Well I certainly won't be buying tires there but if I was in the situation I described below again, I would not have much of a choice. As far as the other businesses there? Of course I'll patronize them. They're no more responsible for Chuck's bad behavior than I am for Bernie Madoff's.

Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
Actually in 2009 (on the way to Sturgis) my buddy lost the front brake hose on his 98 Softail in Nevada. We called every dealer in Salt lake and were told that the part was obsolete. There was one in Florida, one in California and one at Delux in Gillette. We bought it over the phone and picked it up when we got there (installed it ourselves).

True story. I was at Street Vibrations in Reno last weekend and saw someone wearing a Delux T-shirt. Told him I've heard bad things about the place. The guy and his wife said that they broke down there and Delux took good care of them.

Of course if everyone had the same experience as the OP he could not possibly stay in business.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:59 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dribble
...my buddy lost the front brake hose on his 98 Softail in Nevada. We called every dealer in Salt lake and were told that the part was obsolete....
Now that's scary.

One of Harley Davidson's greatest achievements is that their products stay on the rode while Japanese bikes are usually allowed to rust away in high grass. Quality & durability can make the higher purchase price look good.

Why does the Motor Company discourage maintaining an Evo? Sometimes I think the managers in Milwaukee are 1st to promote the business practices we are witnessing in Gillette, & are actively focused on short term profit.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dribble

True story. I was at Street Vibrations in Reno last weekend and saw someone wearing a Delux T-shirt. Told him I've heard bad things about the place. The guy and his wife said that they broke down there and Delux took good care of them.

Of course if everyone had the same experience as the OP he could not possibly stay in business.
They must have perfected the Deluxing techniques recently to a point where customers aren't even aware

Old 10-05-2013, 07:58 AM
nh-rider
Cruiser

Mother Nature must have read this thread. More than a foot of snow in Gillette.

http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/st...Gillette,97982

Better there than here..

Old 10-05-2013, 01:34 PM
acunn1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back to first page before I get Deluxed

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy