General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't break down in Gillette, Wy

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 11:30 AM
glasscannon
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhhhhh the daily upchuck

Old 10-03-2013, 02:16 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,153 Likes on 6,704 Posts

Sure would be funny if Wandell was on one of those "customer relations" rides and got a flat tire within a stone's throw of Defuxe H-D.
The motto would change from "We ride with you", to "Heads will roll".

Old 10-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure the executives at the MoCo would have much problem on one of their rides getting the kind of service THEY expect to get. Let me see:

1) they will be riding a pretty damn new CVO,
2) their tires will be stock on the company ride,
3) they are on a company mandated outing so expenses are covered, and
4) IF they needed some road side assistance, they pull out the company credit card and ID and all is taken care of...

I'm not sure they are getting the same experience we have or service we might get.

EDIT: I'm willing to bet they don't even have to ride their bikes to the event. At least not doorstep to doorstep. At most I bet the MoCo will have their bike delivered within 50 miles so they can get a few bugs on it before they arrive without needing to experience any hardship. Remember their job at the event is to rub elbows with us peasants not live and suffer like one.

Last edited by Glockmeister; 10-03-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:06 PM
bdavis385
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the way "Deluxed" is becoming a verb for getting screwed.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:53 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by avetter11
Just stopping by to state I'll not be passing through the areas of 'chucks' dealerships. Sorry to the WY board of tourism. I'll be spending my tourist dollars elsewhere.
Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
This is exactly what should not be done !!!!!!!. All this talk about getting "what's his name" to face the music and you have a chance to give him a piece of your mind and you decide to do nothing? Too much bullcrap talk around here.
Well for me that happens to be right on my way to Sturgis and I'm not going to hold the local restaurants, stores and gas stations and the people who work there accountable for what the Harley Dealer did to a board member.

Last edited by dribble; 10-03-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:07 PM
08rking
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dribble
Well for me that happens to be right on my way to Sturgis and I'm not going to hold the local restaurants stores and gas stations and the people who work there accountable for what the Harley Dealer did to a board member.
I agree. I'm not going to boycott the state of Wyoming, but I'm definitely not spending any money at Chuck's 3 dealerships when I pass through.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:40 PM
nebraskarider1
Novice

Originally Posted by 08rking
I agree. I'm not going to boycott the state of Wyoming, but I'm definitely not spending any money at Chuck's 3 dealerships when I pass through.
I say "why not" I e-mailed the chamber of commerece in Gillette:No response
I filed a case with the BBB: no response from the dealership so, case closed
I e-mailed the Gillette News Record: NO response
I e-mailed the Casper newspaper: NO response
I e-mailed the Cheyenne newspaper: NO response

No one in the state of Wyoming gives a damn except my relatives that live in Wheatland and an Independent in Cody I met on another forum, I'm not gonna boycott the whole state but I won't spend another dime in Gillette, no local replies on their Facebook page even, you would think that JUST ONE BUSINESSMAN in that town would defend that not all Gillette businesses are crooks or are they??????

Old 10-03-2013, 07:45 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by nebraskarider1
..., you would think that JUST ONE BUSINESSMAN in that town would defend that not all Gillette businesses are crooks or are they??????
Watched this thread from the beginning, first post. I say the new slogan for the Gillette business community should be a variation of the Gillette company slogan...

For the best deluxing a man can get.

You folks can continue, this thread is hilarious.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:08 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by nebraskarider1
I say "why not" I e-mailed the chamber of commerece in Gillette:No response
I filed a case with the BBB: no response from the dealership so, case closed
I e-mailed the Gillette News Record: NO response
I e-mailed the Casper newspaper: NO response
I e-mailed the Cheyenne newspaper: NO response

No one in the state of Wyoming gives a damn except my relatives that live in Wheatland and an Independent in Cody I met on another forum, I'm not gonna boycott the whole state but I won't spend another dime in Gillette, no local replies on their Facebook page even, you would think that JUST ONE BUSINESSMAN in that town would defend that not all Gillette businesses are crooks or are they??????
I guess you won't be doing business anywhere. You're not even the complainant.

No news organization will run a story based upon one unsubstantiated allegation made by someone who was not a party to the transaction. The BBB will respond to the actual complainant and attempt to mediate, should he decide to pursue recovery though that venue. It is not the job or the mission of the Chamber of Commerce to investigate allegations of poor business dealings. This is the job of the State Attorney General. But here's a real news flash. Its going to take more than one complaint.

Maybe I'm a little jaded here but that comes from having been an auto repair fraud investigator in California for 25 years. I investigated or oversaw the investigations into about 10,000 complaints. This situation pales in comparison to some of the things I've seen dealers and independents do. And I mean do to 90 year old widows, poor single mothers, you name it. Not someone who had options and failed to take them. With many we were able to take their licenses. Some we put in jail and some we put in prison. Some got away with it. That's just life. I literally could write a book.

What I've learned in 25 years is this. Even though this thread has taken on a life on it's own, it will little effect on the business. The nearest other dealer not owned by him is 140 miles away.

We shut down a chain of shops in Sacramento once. Dragged them through the media. All the news stations papers etc. The next day we had people calling asking when the shops were going to allowed to re-open because they wanted to use their coupons.

As bad as these people were (and they were bad). It didn't stop me from buying a slurpee next door. Punishing other working people for the bad behavior of one, is not the answer .

Last edited by dribble; 10-03-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:17 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,553 Likes on 5,086 Posts

Originally Posted by 08rking
why not stop there and have them fix your "flat tire" ? or something else?

Quick Reply: Don't break down in Gillette, Wy